• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Metabo Wall Chaser MFE 40 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
Same as Risteard.

I’ve had mine 2 years next week, can’t fault it at all, the best blades I find are the turbo blades. They cut anything and last far longer than a diamond tipped blade.
The vacuum is the important bit now lol

Midwest

-
Arms Access
I've used a Metabo, not sure which one. Excellent piece of kit, not withstanding its quite heavy, and you need to be careful when using it.

Agree about the associated vacuum, definitely a requirement.

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
@Midwest i find mine grand tbh, I found the screwfix Titan is a heavy beast of a thing I found. Your arms are sore at the end of a full day using it lol

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
The metabo blades wore down from almost new to thin and short in 2.5 tracks in an ex housing executive house built in the late 60’s, the blades started to glow red lol

-
Arms Access
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The metabo blades wore down from almost new to thin and short in 2.5 tracks in an ex housing executive house built in the late 60’s, the blades started to glow red lol
These ones did?
At about £110 a set they'd need to do a heck of a lot more tracks than that.

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
No, they’re ordinary ones, looking at these, are they designed to save chipping out?

Looks almost like it’s grinding the entire chase out, like those things that strip up the tarmac.

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
Just watched a YouTube video of them, some job alright.

Wonder if they’d work in a MFE30 lol

-
Arms Access
No, they’re ordinary ones, looking at these, are they designed to save chipping out?

Looks almost like it’s grinding the entire chase out, like those things that strip up the tarmac.
Yes...just not sure if they can handle walls that are anything more than thermalite. Hence this thread:tearsofjoy:

-
Arms Access
Just watched a YouTube video of them, some job alright.

Wonder if they’d work in a MFE30 lol
I still don't know if they really work in an MFE 40. A rip saw with a blunt wood blade would cut through thermalite block after all. If they do work and last long enough I'd replace my chaser and if required my dust extractor for it.

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
My MFE30 still has another years warranty left in it. But I’d near upgrade to that if I thought it’d do breezeblock and concrete.

Andy78

-
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
Heard good things about the triple blade, apparently removes all the spoil from the chase in one go.

Phil Thompson

-
Arms Access
That would be good, I’ve a load of old red brick walls to track over the next month or 2.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom