Discuss Meter Sealing Crimp Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hiya, looking for a set of meter crimps, no malicious intent. They are to be used specifically for re-sealing after a fuse pull so the DNO keep calm ;)

If anyone has a set that they could offer me to sell, I'd be very grateful as the eBay tools are just not the true ratcheting type the DNO use, these are what I'm looking for! :)

I've attached an image for reference.
Ferrule-Plier-600x513.jpg

Isn't that a standard indent crimper or does it leave security lettering on the crimp?

...Or you could use what the "trickier" fellows did,on lead tags,which is two coins and a pair of vise-grips,with the date on one coin,turned to face the tag...;)

In truth,unless you are authorised to do so,you would only be re-sealing,to provide a degree of security and evidence of removal,so any crimping device would suffice.

I don't reckon any court in the land,would admonish a professional,for re-sealing due to the above reasons.
They may take a different view,if that individual had attempted to obtain equipment,which replicated the identical procedure,carried out by the DNO or their authorised agents.

We all have heard the Northwest Electric lads,says "no problem for us,if you re-seal..." and pass a handful of tags...

Like the copper who tells you there is nowt we can do about the fella up the road,who burgled your shed,and what he needs is a "good hiding" ... when it comes on top,you're on your own :eek:

If your DNO authorises you to pull their main fuse, have you checked their policy on resealing? My DNO supplies temporary sticky labels or seals (no pinniped jokes please :)), to apply to fuse etc, with seal number etc.

i had to look it up. can i have a fish now?

Im with @Rpa07 I have a set i bought of eBay, does the job to seal up afterwards. Western Power dont like us pulling fuses around this way, much like other DNO's, on the otherhand if you ring to get them to pull a fuse they mumble and then quote a fee of around £75 last time i checked and give you a date thats often 10 to 14 days ahead! it's also good practice to seal the fuse in when you leave, even if you haven't pulled it.

Haven't heard that word for a long time!
(pinniped, obvo)

Of course there's the Otariidae, the Phocidae and the Odobenidae.
They have nothing to do wid' your lot breaking the law, and then trying to cover up your tracks, by pretending you never cut the Pinniped, I mean seal in the first place. :rolleyes:

Of course there's the Otariidae, the Phocidae and the Odobenidae.
They have nothing to do wid' your lot breaking the law, and then trying to cover up your tracks, by pretending you never cut the Pinniped, I mean seal in the first place. :rolleyes:
i tried putting that into google translate and it came up with

愚蠢的垃圾。翻譯成中文,並命令一個年輕的雞蛋

Funny that if any one comes on here and asks for some advice on wiring, unless they are a certified 17th edition electrician, they are told in no uncertain terms that they shouldn't work on electrics, yet it is ok for an unauthorised person to illegaly break the seal on the dnos cut out and remove and replace the fuse. Then it becomes a joke. The incomer is possibly controlled by a 400 amp fuse, how many unauthorised electricians use the full ppe to do this? (Nomex boiler suit, rubber gaunlets with leather over gloves, full face visor). Pot and black comes to mind.

Funny that if any one comes on here and asks for some advice on wiring, unless they are a certified 17th edition electrician, they are told in no uncertain terms that they shouldn't work on electrics, yet it is ok for an unauthorised person to illegaly break the seal on thednos cut out and remove and replace the fuse. Then it becomes a joke. The incomer is possibly controlled by a 400 amp fuse, how many unauthorised electricians use the full ppe to do this? (Nomex boiler suit, rubber gaunlets with leather over gloves, full face visor). The seals are there to prevent illegal interference, not as a safety item as such. Pot and black comes to mind.

And we’ve always backed up our highly illegal activity with the clause,
‘if it’s crumbly or dodgy looking we will not pull it, we will get the professional professionals in, you know, the ones that charge you’!

Reply to Meter Sealing Crimp Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net