Discuss Milwaukee Packout £200. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just checked, Sold out?

I looked at these... what's with those odd aluminium corner posts ?? Anyway... are they better than the DeWalt stak system ?

I looked at these... what's with those odd aluminium corner posts ?? Anyway... are they better than the DeWalt stak system ?
I'm loving my packout system so far.

The DeWalt tstak isn't as good imo but the DeWalt tough system is just as good with the added ability to access boxes without unstacking if you have the right trolley and/or rack.

At work I have the tstak boxes with trolley, another has tough system with trolley and another has the pack out system. I think the tough system is to big and bulky although strong boxes. My tstak is smaller and way more portable than the other two. The pack out is also bulky but seems a strong system. I think they are all good but it comes down to personal preference. I buy all my tools in separate boxes so I can just take what I need but I don’t think the tough system does that so all tools just get chucked into one big box

At work I have the tstak boxes with trolley, another has tough system with trolley and another has the pack out system. I think the tough system is to big and bulky although strong boxes. My tstak is smaller and way more portable than the other two. The pack out is also bulky but seems a strong system. I think they are all good but it comes down to personal preference. I buy all my tools in separate boxes so I can just take what I need but I don’t think the tough system does that so all tools just get chucked into one big box
Some good videos on you tube of how the yanks customise they tough system and packout kits..

Some good videos on you tube of how the yanks customise they tough system and packout kits..
The packout is quite easy to customise a bit without damaging it. There are a few slots made for dividers that fit 9mm plywood sheet. After a bit of playing about I've got my three box kit to a point where it is quite usable for daily work as well as storing all my kit, although I did need to keep use of my tote bag, which I may or may not change to a packout tote.

Yeah the US seem mad on packout and customise them a fair bit. Plenty of people out there selling 3D printing bits to enhance the system and make non system cases compatible.

The packout is quite easy to customise a bit without damaging it. There are a few slots made for dividers that fit 9mm plywood sheet. After a bit of playing about I've got my three box kit to a point where it is quite usable for daily work as well as storing all my kit, although I did need to keep use of my tote bag, which I may or may not change to a packout tote.

Yeah the US seem mad on packout and customise them a fair bit. Plenty of people out there selling 3D printing bits to enhance the system and make non system cases compatible.
I remember one I watched and the amount of gear this fella got in one box was phenomenal, but I’d assume in any major city over there there ain’t no popping back to ya van! ?

I remember one I watched and the amount of gear this fella got in one box was phenomenal, but I’d assume in any major city over there there ain’t no popping back to ya van! ?
In the bottom rolling box I have (all 18V) a circular saw, SDS, multitool, drill driver, grinder, site lamp, 4 x batteries, charger, HSS-G bit set and all the bits/chisels I need.

My back does not thank me first thing lifting into the van though :rolleyes:

It really helps on jobs like domestic rewires or in commercial units where it's just all there for you. I could see a rolling system really helping out if you had to work in a large city anywhere and had to park a good way away from the van.

I think the good thing about the Packout system over others is the amount of compatible units and organisers you can get.

Apparently DeWalt have just launched their new system over in the US though.

In the bottom rolling box I have (all 18V) a circular saw, SDS, multitool, drill driver, grinder, site lamp, 4 x batteries, charger, HSS-G bit set and all the bits/chisels I need.

My back does not thank me first thing lifting into the van though :rolleyes:

It really helps on jobs like domestic rewires or in commercial units where it's just all there for you. I could see a rolling system really helping out if you had to work in a large city anywhere and had to park a good way away from the van.

I think the good thing about the Packout system over others is the amount of compatible units and organisers you can get.

Apparently DeWalt have just launched their new system over in the US though.
I’ll look out for that, I have the dewalt tough system and love it only trouble with the big trolley is it doesn’t fit in most doors down here!....

Reply to Milwaukee Packout £200. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock