Currently reading:
milwaukee

Discuss milwaukee in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Milwaukee make good tools in general. Ive had milwaukee tools for about 10 years and not had one i would say was bad, they did have very bad batteries in the V lineup but thats not the case now. The fuel range is very good, the only thing i dont like is the grip size on there drills but the fuel saws are alot better than most brushed ones around. ive just got a dewalt brushless 18v drill and its excellent, the grip and balance is perfect. I guess that depends on your hand size as much as anything else. Best to find an shop and pick the tools up to see what you think.

I have had Milwaukee cordless tools: V28 SDS, Drill driver and circular saw for 8 years and still going strong and one origional battery left.

Have a lot of the M12 range of stuff, which we use most of the time. Got Milwaukee after going through numerous Dewalts, Bosch...

Corded the tools we have are Metabo and Makita. If I was starting over I would consider Metabo cordless

Only anecdotal but so far they have all been really good and significantly better than anything else I have had. The nicest thing is I don't have to spend money replacing faulty equipment and can buy new additions instead. Also I only have two chargers to serve them all.

I've got a 3ah 18v drill driver and impact driver and they're good but heavy. My mate also bought the set at the same time but both his have broken although people were abusing his drill whilst he wasn't on site, drilling 20/25mm holes all day through 40/50 mm wood joists so no wonder really, but they are good, not sure they're any better than makita though, probably the same in my opinion. Although the 2 speed drill is probably equivalent to 3 speed makita in weight and power.
Had for about 2 and a half years

i have 2 m18 fuel drills and a m18 fuel impact driver, the warranty is good on these, I've just got one back from a claim, the replaced gearbox and motor, I've been drilling joists with a armeg beaver on speed 2 . speed selector is a weak point but if used correctly it would be ok, impact driver is amazing beast. m18 batteries are cheap too.
I've had a look at the metal gear box and its a work of art...

I see this drill debate often, no mention of Hilti?

Nothing wrong with Hilti at all. Not sure they produce the range of drills, that of other manufacturers produce though, and will generally call for premium prices. Rarely see special offers being offered by retail outlets on Hilti drills either...

Nothing wrong with Hilti at all. Not sure they produce the range of drills, that of other manufacturers produce though, and will generally call for premium prices. Rarely see special offers being offered by retail outlets on Hilti drills either...

A mate in work told me about an offer that Hilti do where you rent a drill from them for like 11 quid a month on a 3yr contract & after the 3yrs they give you a new Drill & during the 3yr period they will replace the drill etc if it has any problems straight away.

I've got a 3ah 18v drill driver and impact driver and they're good but heavy. My mate also bought the set at the same time but both his have broken although people were abusing his drill whilst he wasn't on site, drilling 20/25mm holes all day through 40/50 mm wood joists so no wonder really, but they are good, not sure they're any better than makita though, probably the same in my opinion. Although the 2 speed drill is probably equivalent to 3 speed makita in weight and power.
Had for about 2 and a half years

What should you use to drill thru joists if it isnt a cordless then??!!

I use an impact driver with a quad cutter on it for joists.
You have to use the ones with the right fitting though. Very quick and clean cut. The blue Irwin ones don't fit in an impact driver.

i used to have a heavy duty dewalt 1/2 angle drill (corded) for joist drilling (until the bit caught on a knot and broke my arm)
that thing was a beast
I use an impact driver now

Reply to milwaukee in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back