Discuss Mira Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Mira Digital shower which has been fine.

On Friday night I had to cut the electrics to the whole house and since I put them back on the digital controller has been showing out range.

The Mira "box" is in the attic and have a 3amp fused spur which connects to it. The fuse in that is fine there is also a fuse on the main board that says shower which doesn't trip at all.

I have attached a picture of the board in the Mira box and don't know how I would go about testing.

The odd thing is that even with the fused spur of the board still lights up my electrical pen.

I have changed the batteries in the digital controller but still just get out of range

Board part number 1796.137

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210405_185825.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210405_192005.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 23
First place to start would be the fault finding section of the instructions

it may tell you where to be looking

First place to start would be the fault finding section of the instructions

it may tell you where to be looking
Hi

I have done all of that. It recommended cutting power, reconnecting the wireless device etc..

None worked. There's a pcb board for 50£ on ebay fully working hence why I want to establish if its the board

There seem to be various instructions online for resetting these showers, don't know if any would apply to your model.

One example: "Turn on electric supply to shower. Within 30 seconds press both the start and flow buttons together. First beep release start button, second beep release flow button. Shower should now be on and leave it alone until it switches itself off (this could take up to 5mins)."

The above is an example only, you'd need to check how to reset your specific model (possibly contact Mira).

There seem to be various instructions online for resetting these showers, don't know if any would apply to your model.

One example: "Turn on electric supply to shower. Within 30 seconds press both the start and flow buttons together. First beep release start button, second beep release flow button. Shower should now be on and leave it alone until it switches itself off (this could take up to 5mins)."

The above is an example only, you'd need to check how to reset your specific model (possibly contact Mira).
Thanks. Yeh tried loads of things. The problem is until I can get the wireless receiver to connect with the mixer there is no way to do anything.

It does seem related that ever since I turnt the electrics of then back on its not been able to connect

Will call Mira tomorrow

Thanks

I take it you've tried re-pairing the wireless controller with the mixer unit, as you would when installing from new?

• The Wireless Controller enters “Clock Setting” function automatically when batteries are connected. Press “-” to alter hours and “+” to alter minutes. Press “ ” to set time and exit “Clock Setting” function.
  • Switch on electrical supply to Digital Mixer Valve.
  • Droplet symbol is displayed for approximately 30 seconds. Do not remove the batteries or switch off the Digital Mixer Valve. Droplet symbol goes out indicating Digital Mixer Valve and Wireless Controller have been assigned to each other.
  • Place Wireless Controller in approximate final position (no more than 10 m from Digital Mixer Valve) and test wireless signal by pressing the “ ” and adjusting the temperature. If temperature display remains unchanged and “out of range” symbol is displayed, units are unable to communicate with each other.

I take it you've tried re-pairing the wireless controller with the mixer unit, as you would when installing from new?

• The Wireless Controller enters “Clock Setting” function automatically when batteries are connected. Press “-” to alter hours and “+” to alter minutes. Press “ ” to set time and exit “Clock Setting” function.
  • Switch on electrical supply to Digital Mixer Valve.
  • Droplet symbol is displayed for approximately 30 seconds. Do not remove the batteries or switch off the Digital Mixer Valve. Droplet symbol goes out indicating Digital Mixer Valve and Wireless Controller have been assigned to each other.
  • Place Wireless Controller in approximate final position (no more than 10 m from Digital Mixer Valve) and test wireless signal by pressing the “ ” and adjusting the temperature. If temperature display remains unchanged and “out of range” symbol is displayed, units are unable to communicate with each other.
Yeh no luck. Will contact Mira today. Thanks

Yeh no luck. Will contact Mira today. Thanks
Hi Jamesa2487
Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same problem with a Mira Vision Dual… had to change the batteries in the controller but now it says out of range error. Tried re-registering it but no change. Even if the controller is sitting on top of the unit.

Hi all, have the same issue as above.
Have had a plumber out that has advised the glass fuse in the mixer unit keeps blowing, but could not advise what the cause might be. Any ideas?

Reply to Mira Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net