NICEIC Certification Scheme Mistakes are to be made

Discuss Mistakes are to be made in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Our company uses the Certsure software for filling the NICEIC Forms…there’s no flag up when you miss like a date or Mulit tester used.
When completed you have no chance of adding missed info…which I think is kinda crazy.
What do you guys do if some info is missed on the Original complete Certification.
Are you allowed to enter the info onto the certification, with a pen or just valid the certification & do it again…which obviously takes twice as long.
You would if thought that you could get a time period before the “Cert locks out” to alter what you’ve missed.
I know you guys wI’ll say do a Draft then check it..but after doing loads you still can miss some info.

Our company uses the Certsure software for filling the NICEIC Forms…there’s no flag up when you miss like a date or Mulit tester used.
When completed you have no chance of adding missed info…which I think is kinda crazy.
What do you guys do if some info is missed on the Original complete Certification.
Are you allowed to enter the info onto the certification, with a pen or just valid the certification & do it again…which obviously takes twice as long.
You would if thought that you could get a time period before the “Cert locks out” to alter what you’ve missed.
I know you guys wI’ll say do a Draft then check it..but after doing loads you still can miss some info.
Use Easycert. Certificates are produced offline, and you can edit as many times as you want.

For ages I used the simple but functional Megger Form Filler (free download). It got the job done but is a bit fiddly. The joy was it's simplicity.

Then I tried Electraform - I liked a lot about it but the reports ended up very long in terms of number of pages and it has same issue that once finalised that's it, no going back. I'm still using this but looking around.
I end up using Adobe Reader DC to annotate the report if I miss something critical off.
I might give easycert a go....

For producing certificates I started using Vespula towards the end of last year they have since been bought by Megger and this has now become Megger Certsuite you can get a free months trial after that it costs £120+vat for the year but there isn't much that is free that is any good these days. After getting around the initial learning curve of new software and doing the customisation bit it certainly produces the goods and now it does have an added advantage of android and apple app. If you code anything it immediately prompts you to add the observation so it is not forgotten which I find useful. I'm quite impressed with it so far although there are some minor things that need addressing IMO that I have sent feedback for in the hope they get sorted but they don't create that much of a problem when using the software

Reply to Mistakes are to be made in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net