Discuss mood lighting lutron etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamh

hey guys, Ive got a conservatorie to do still working out exactly what to go for with the customer but ive had a site meeting with him today and were looking at a kitchen/diningroom/conservatorie all open plan and all in all there will be 16 different sets off lights he wants to control all dimmable(or at least most of) i was just wondering if any1 had any ideas on the best way to do this? Ive not done this sort of thing before but from what i know i think you wire all 16 circuits back to the lutron control unit hidden away sumwhere(not sure if i can get 1 that does all 16 or if i would need seperate) then theres the main thing of how the customer can control them is there sum sort of smart panel i can buy or would you recommend multiple panels in seperate places and then maybe a different panel with some buttons for pre programmed moods like i say im new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Adam

just been on the phone to lutron apparently they do a module that you wire everything into thats capable of 2300w and up to 6 scenes (6 groups of lights) so looks like i need 3 of these to cover my 16 lights a lv link between them all and then another lv link to a wall panel capable of 8 scenes made up of any combination of lights from the 3 panels so i will just advise client this is best option and to go in the cupboard if he wants sumthing on by itself lol or he can have to of these 8 scene wall panels which i doubt very much he will. Sound ok to everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lutron is expensive and not great for better solutions look at MODE and Helvar lighting 16 channels isnt an issue but with that many circuits you may find some are non standard loads, CFL, FL, LED etc which meed more advanced control

Reply to mood lighting lutron etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net