Discuss NC/NO CO2 and Ventilation for an Indoor Grow Room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a fairly unique situation for which I am unable to find a solution.

The basics: I have an indoor grow tent that has LED lights on 22 hours a day. The system has an open loop exhaust system to control temp and exchange air inside the system. The tent is also equipped with a CO2 enrichment system. My problem is I would like to continue to use the open loop system to control temp but I don't want to waste CO2 at the same time. I know the simple answer is to close the loop, but I would like to maintain temperature control without adding an air conditioner

I essentially want to wire receptacles/relays so that any time the system is in "vent" mode the CO2 is not activated (i have a tank, sensor, controller, regulator, and relay to control CO2).

Im not an electrican, but I have wired up houses and heavy equipment control panels so I have some understanding but I am not a professional by any means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Birdperson

I have a fairly unique situation for which I am unable to find a solution.

The basics: I have an indoor grow tent that has LED lights on 22 hours a day. The system has an open loop exhaust system to control temp and exchange air inside the system. The tent is also equipped with a CO2 enrichment system. My problem is I would like to continue to use the open loop system to control temp but I don't want to waste CO2 at the same time. I know the simple answer is to close the loop, but I would like to maintain temperature control without adding an air conditioner

I essentially want to wire receptacles/relays so that any time the system is in "vent" mode the CO2 is not activated (i have a tank, sensor, controller, regulator, and relay to control CO2).

Im not an electrican, but I have wired up houses and heavy equipment control panels so I have some understanding but I am not a professional by any means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Birdperson
That could be easily done with a 2 pole relay. When the system is in vent mode there should be a wire on your controller that will take the power away from the relay which in turn when it’s not in the vent mode it will energize the relay. Wire the hot wire for the CO2 through the normally closed contacts on the relay. I’m assuming you will need a 120 vac coil for the relay. I’ll send you my address so you can share. Lol

Thank you for the prompt response! I have an idea of what your are suggesting, but my level of understanding is on par with a soap dish.

My system was pieced together so all the circuits on the exhaust fan, lighting, co2, etc are independent of each other. They all have their own timers and control devices.

I basically need to "

if/and/or" to tell one receptacle to turn off when the other is on.

Thanks again, my first post by the way!

Birdperson

Thank you for the prompt response! I have an idea of what your are suggesting, but my level of understanding is on par with a soap dish.

My system was pieced together so all the circuits on the exhaust fan, lighting, co2, etc are independent of each other. They all have their own timers and control devices.

I basically need to "

if/and/or" to tell one receptacle to turn off when the other is on.

Thanks again, my first post by the way!

Birdperson
Good luck my friend

Reply to NC/NO CO2 and Ventilation for an Indoor Grow Room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net