Search the forum,

Discuss need advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there just wanted some info I'm about to email some local electrical companies and ask to to take me on as an apprentice or electrician improver is this worth doing as I've been told not to even bother it's a waste off time

Just dont come across as want, wanting, wanting, tell them what you can give. Willing to work for them without a apprenticeship to see how you get on? Any tools you have, any relevant experience.

Remember taking on a apprentice is a massive commitment for a company usually on the strength of a letter and a interview, go a bit further show you are willing to prove yourself before they make the commitment.

Emailing saying 'i want a apprenticeship, heres my CV and ive only worked in tescos, im keen' , i would say most of the time is a waste of time as thats what everyone else is doing.

Do it, its all worth it in the end.

Hi there just wanted some info I'm about to email some local electrical companies and ask to to take me on as an apprentice or electrician improver is this worth doing as I've been told not to even bother it's a waste off time

The person that told you that is a negative influence to be ignored. I am not saying it will be easy though.

I see from previous posts you have your 2330 lvl 3, so you are well on your way with qualifications, no reason you shouldn't be considered. As long as there is an opening and you are keen and hardworking then there is every chance.

Get some CVs fired off and follow them up with phone calls, even consider hand delivering them for the chance of a personal introduction. Some guys leave their CVs on the wholesaler's counters to get interest. Ask about on the forum stating your location, even if you can't get a place on here you may get work experience which is good for your CV. Above all, keep at it. If you have done your core qualifications why would you not bother pursuing this path ?

I got my apprenticeship by calling people up and getting some work experience with them.

i did a couple months and now im employed by one of his friends that was looking to take someone on.

remember most local companies know each other so always be polite

Don't know your age but I have been taken on full time by a firm after an interview (only because that good haha) ...my tutor put me on to it and I'll be starting an apprenticeship in Sept...I'm 33 so if someone my age can do it...It's very doable

Good luck

Stick at it

Don't know your age but I have been taken on full time by a firm after an interview (only because that good haha) ...my tutor put me on to it and I'll be starting an apprenticeship in Sept...I'm 33 so if someone my age can do it...It's very doable

Good luck

Stick at it

Starting an apprenticeship at 33, fair play to you!

Of course its worth it, there is always work about you just got to keep trying! i must have sent out over 100 letters, had 5 interviews and 1 job offer before I got an apprenticeship

Reply to need advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock