Discuss Need some advice!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi people.. Been a while since ive been on the site due to work commitments and the such like.
ive been intouch with jtl regarding my nvq level 3, i completed my nvq level 3 2330 in 2010, i lost my employer and lost my placement at college.
ive recently spoke to a mate who is a spark offshore and he seems to think i can complete my portfolio with a single re-wire...
he basically said i need for them to check first fix and second fix along with a council electrician to test it and compare the readings and he says i can gain my portfolio via this way...
however different story from jtl.. Ive got to get 4 different wiring systems complete one onsite and the rest can be done in a simulated environment...
however ive not been in electrical work since 2011 and i could do with brushing up on my practical skills...
im more than confident i can complete these systems and get the evidence for my portfolio but the am2 has changed just a bit since 2011...
any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
anth

im pretty overwhelmed that i should be finishing my nvq but terrified at the aspects of the am2 as most of the tasks i havnt performed in the last 3 years... especially the motor wiring and the data points which ive never done.. is there anything on the forums which i can use to brush up on for the am2?
cheers anth

2 jobs for 2357, but the jobs have to include a range of things, so trunking/conduit/ducting range of containment than PVC/fp/armoured/flex range of wiring systems....but any large job would include a number of these things so can probably hit most of them with one job then just gotta do it again

2 jobs for 2357, but the jobs have to include a range of things, so trunking/conduit/ducting range of containment than PVC/fp/armoured/flex range of wiring systems....but any large job would include a number of these things so can probably hit most of them with one job then just gotta do it again
i already have evidence for trunking,conduit,tray,basket,swa,3 phase,s plans and y plans. but i believe an assesor needs to overlook the tasks? cheers anth

I don't know if he has to see it, but if you have pictures of you doin it they also want a witness so your boss/supervisor, my assessor comes out and does all the pictures for me just makes it easier for him said gets the right evidence/can get stuff I might not notice/save witness statements so he just comes to site when I ring him

ive decided with most of my work being domesticated ie extensions,garages,conservatorys and additions.
ive spoke to niceic and went with their domestic installers scheme to get myself more established. just need my 17th edition and going to do my 2391 inspection and testing.
does anyone have any studying guides on the 17th edition? or a reccomended book?
cheers anth

Reply to Need some advice!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net