Currently reading:
New CU with PV

Discuss New CU with PV in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've got to change a CU soon which has had PV system thrown into it.

What would you guys suggest, do I put the PV back into the new board via a rcbo or put a separate isolator in connected directly to the incomer.
Also what do you test on the PV system, is it just up to the isolator next to the PV panel.

Im sure I read in a previous thread regarding the cable size should be 6.0mm because of low voltage (I think) but all the ones I have seen are only 2.5mm into a 16A rcbo.

I am slightly concerned about these installs because the ones I've come across look to be of a poor quality what sort of courses do you need to install them.

I came across one where the panels were mounted on a roof of a garage which was a fair distance from the main house. The PV feed was connected straight into the back of a double socket via a isolator. No labels fitted on the main CU.

Please some one tell me this isn't correct.

Reply to New CU with PV in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock