Discuss No name appears when you 'reply' to someone's post in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As above, when you 'reply' to someone's post their name doesn't appear in the reply. This has been happening for a bit but it used to show the name.
Is there a reason for this, or just a bug?

1613034657518.png

Web design is something I was involved with in the past - Before wanting to retrain to become and electrician of course!

Also noticed another hidden but of text at the bottom of the longer quote boxes "Click to expand...

This is the section that needs fixing (the color line)

CSS:
.bbCodeBlock-expandLink a {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 6px;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 13px;
    color: #f90;
    text-decoration: none;
}

For those who want to fix it temporally on your side, install the Chrome Stylus extension: Stylus - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en

Create a new style and copy this in:

CSS:
.bbCodeBlock-sourceJump {
    color: #f90 !important;
}

.bbCodeBlock-expandLink a {
    color: #f90;
}

then you'll be able to see who's been quoted in the post :)
Nope. Afraid not matey.

Thanks for giving this a bash but that line of code you see, isn't the same line number in my files and styles.

If I add CSS to try and change that, it will change dozens of other things.

What we've got right now is a kinda 75% done style that I've made myself, with SEO, PHP, Javascript, and snippets of half a dozen other languages.

And it's hand-coded by me.

What Chrome sees as the page HTML is NOT by a long shot what is put in to the pages to load said styles and CSS.

I've worked on this very forum since 2007. Built it from the ground up.

I will get there. Just not today matey.

As one man once said, finished is better than complete. (Or something like that).

Edit: "Finished is better than perfect"

Here, just to throw some more code at you; checkout our AMP versions of our threads lol

I've paid a guy to do this. This is beyond me. He's stripping my pages, and turning them into tiny little kb's of pages of his own, then feeding them to google - and that's sitting us in rankings with huge squares that are scrollable across google's own SERPs so that we're not only #1 for a term, we've got 6 or 7 threads #1 for a term.

e.g Replacing a light switch | ElectriciansForums.net - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/replacing-a-light-switch.171151/?amp=1

Nope. Afraid not matey.

Thanks for giving this a bash but that line of code you see, isn't the same line number in my files and styles.

If I add CSS to try and change that, it will change dozens of other things.

What we've got right now is a kinda 75% done style that I've made myself, with SEO, PHP, Javascript, and snippets of half a dozen other languages.

And it's hand-coded by me.

What Chrome sees as the page HTML is NOT by a long shot what is put in to the pages to load said styles and CSS.

I've worked on this very forum since 2007. Built it from the ground up.

I will get there. Just not today matey.

As one man once said, finished is better than complete. (Or something like that).

Edit: "Finished is better than perfect"

@Dan Take it you've had a look in the admin panel:

Appearance >> Styles >> STYLE NAME >> Style properties >> BB code blocks - title

You are correct in saying that the css I provided is what is spit out by XenForo ;)

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 21.16.32.png

Reply to No name appears when you 'reply' to someone's post in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net