Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Not a good start to the year... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Nice little job lined up for next week, 4 days doing remedials from an EICR I did xmas week, my quote was approx £1000, client says " I'm just waiting for the plumbers quote and if its not to much I will complete the purchase".........Plumbers quote = £9500...Job Blown... :censored:

Nice little job lined up for next week, 4 days doing remedials from an EICR I did xmas week, my quote was approx £1000, client says " I'm just waiting for the plumbers quote and if its not to much I will complete the purchase".........Plumbers quote = £9500...Job Blown... :censored:

Is the plumber building an extension?

Plumbers quote on an EICR, comical.

And i hope you ment £950 llan, because if you're getting blown out when you're charging £8500 cheaper by a plumber theres something wrong :p

In the words of the seller to me today ....."F*£*kin Plumber has cost me my sale, Ive already got F*£*kin Carpets in the new place, was he going to turn it into a F*£*kin Hotel!!!"

The buyer was a young Asian lady who is moving the entire family in.....

In the words of the seller to me today ....."F*£*kin Plumber has cost me my sale, Ive already got F*£*kin Carpets in the new place, was he going to turn it into a F*£*kin Hotel!!!"

The buyer was a young Asian lady who is moving the entire family in.....

The whole family?? Many we talking about?

Ohh you were actually being serious llan on the £9.5k, woops - appologies for mocking...how and earth has that come about :S whats the plumber doing testing with a gold plated neon-screwdriver ?

The whole family?? Many we talking about?

About 14, but the house was 6 bed anyway, with 3 ensuits, one main bathroom, and a downstairs w/c, Three 7.5kw showers in place already, cant see where £9.5k comes into it unless there is a huge boiler going in and all showers on that?

Hell of quote for plumbing, but that said, I dont know what he proposed to do, house was rewired and re plumbed in 1996!

Remember this CCU??...this was in there

Stuffed.jpg

I remember when you posted that, asif thats the same spot. The plumber will do sweet f.a about that, i'd love to see the actual final cert on his EICR.

Complete joke - we feel for you brother :love:

i know i'm dim-witted on days ending in "y" but im struggling to understand this convoluted story.
what was the plumbers quote of £9k for ? i cant think why any plumbing work in a poxy domestic would run to nearly 10 large.
why did it effect the job you quoted for ?
and why was the house sale / purchase affected ?

i'm already losing the will to live...........
;-)

i know i'm dim-witted on days ending in "y" but im struggling to understand this convoluted story.
what was the plumbers quote of £9k for ? i cant think why any plumbing work in a poxy domestic would run to nearly 10 large.
why did it effect the job you quoted for ?
and why was the house sale / purchase affected ?

i'm already losing the will to live...........
;-)

plumbers £9.5k quote was for plumbing work in the house, house is 6bed, but asian lady moving 14 in, im guessing lots of work, I wouldnt know.

Didnt effect my job directly, my job fell through because the sale fell in, the plumbers quote was way to high for the asian family to complete the purchase of house

Hope that cleared it up Biff

FYI BIFF, recently rewired a 9 bed house, British Gas installed new boiler & RADS all round in the same place, Their quote was "£15.5K

Last edited by a moderator:
She was very very keen m8, from what I could tell, she had £5k set aside for remedial, she needed 10k but homeowner would not drop another 5K as he already had dropped 40k, I work for this lady on and off, that's why she doesn't get any spark quotes , can't speak for her plumber though m8

you know you're in the wrong trade when you quote £1000 for a load of electrical work and the plumber quotes £9500 to fit a tap washer and unblock a bog.

Some peoples mentality.. Its all about cost these days. Doesn't matter that he is a plumber.. He is cheaper. Enough Said.

Give the plumber a break,on these quick-in big-gaff jobs the sparky only has to bypass the meter,the plumber has all the hydroponics to sort out....

Did you get paid for the EICR? If yes, what you moaning about or no then sue them.

Don't cry because of work that wasn't in the bag.

I'm off for a while,if anybody knows how to delete an entire profile can they let me know, good luck to the decent lads on here, shame about the some who are stuck in the past

It took me a couple of reads to get the gist of the whole situation, and the help of Biff's question.
the way I see it, its not the plumbers fault, he like you is just pricing the work, the person wanting the work and probably guesstimating the costs before being shocked by real time prices is the culprit IMO

Reply to Not a good start to the year... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net