Currently reading:
Not a good start to the year...

Discuss Not a good start to the year... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Nice little job lined up for next week, 4 days doing remedials from an EICR I did xmas week, my quote was approx £1000, client says " I'm just waiting for the plumbers quote and if its not to much I will complete the purchase".........Plumbers quote = £9500...Job Blown... :censored:

you know you're in the wrong trade when you quote £1000 for a load of electrical work and the plumber quotes £9500 to fit a tap washer and unblock a bog.

Nice little job lined up for next week, 4 days doing remedials from an EICR I did xmas week, my quote was approx £1000, client says " I'm just waiting for the plumbers quote and if its not to much I will complete the purchase".........Plumbers quote = £9500...Job Blown... :censored:

Some peoples mentality.. Its all about cost these days. Doesn't matter that he is a plumber.. He is cheaper. Enough Said.

I'm off for a while,if anybody knows how to delete an entire profile can they let me know, good luck to the decent lads on here, shame about the some who are stuck in the past

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me a couple of reads to get the gist of the whole situation, and the help of Biff's question.
the way I see it, its not the plumbers fault, he like you is just pricing the work, the person wanting the work and probably guesstimating the costs before being shocked by real time prices is the culprit IMO

Reply to Not a good start to the year... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock