SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Novice needing help with breaker/ furnace in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

New home owner here. I know zero about furnaces and breaker boxes. I need to shut off the power to my gas furnace but there is no switch located anywhere near the furnace (above, beside or on) and the breaker is not labeled. Would the furnace be the one with the biggest switch, on the far right on it’s own? Very much on my own here

TL;DR
Help with breaker/ furnace

Attachments

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
not possible to determine which breaker through internet. i suggest you get a local qualified electrician who will have the right equipment to locate which breaker isolates the furnace, and perhaps fit you a form of local isolation. bear in mind, i'm in UK and don't know the regulations in Canada.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi,or bonjour🙂
If it is gas,it may only require a light electrical input,and be linked off another circuit.
Ensuring you have everything switched off,at the control switches,you could switch of each breaker,one at a time,at your fuse board,to find what powers the furnace (boiler?)

Is this a new home,or just new to you?
Post automatically merged:

Does No.1 say stove?

Megawatt

-
Arms
New home owner here. I know zero about furnaces and breaker boxes. I need to shut off the power to my gas furnace but there is no switch located anywhere near the furnace (above, beside or on) and the breaker is not labeled. Would the furnace be the one with the biggest switch, on the far right on it’s own? Very much on my own here
Mamamary if you have gas the no it’s not going to be the biggest breaker I would say it’s a 20 amp double pole breaker. After all you need power for is to run the fan and energize the gas solenoid and for the low voltage controls, it’s not going to draw that much current

Reply to Novice needing help with breaker/ furnace in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom