Discuss Now this is taking the proverbial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Maintenance Staff
Entire Services - Northwich CW8
£10 an hour - Part-time
Due to our increase in work load, we are looking to employ a maintenance staff member based in the Northwich area. The ideal candidate will be able to carry out a variety of property maintenance services across the Northwest.

Key responsibilities will be to carrying out a range planned maintenance works, remedial works and reactive maintenance. Jobs vary from fixing toilet seats and roof repairs to full electrical installations.

The candidate must have a a valid driving license.

Ideally the candidate will have experience in either -

- Commercial Roofing / Flat Roofing

- Qualified Electrician with a testing and inspection qualification.

- Desirable Ipaf, CSCS & Working at Heights

Company vehicle during work hours, and company branded work wear will all be provided. The ideal candidate will be career motivated with a passion for their skills. You will also be able to work under pressure and work towards deadlines. To apply please forward a copy of your CV.

We will consider applications for this position for full time / part time and self employed staff.

Job Type: Part-time

Salary: £10.00 /hour

Job Location:

• Northwich CW8
Required experience:

• Maintenance: 1 year
Required licence or certification:

• Driving License

Can't be many qualified roofers and sparkies at all, let alone ones that would accept that! Strange combination. Reminds me of the key cutting shops that always do key cutting and shoe repairs. Why those 2 particular things?

What next, bricky and beauty consultant for £10 an hour???

Can't be many qualified roofers and sparkies at all, let alone ones that would accept that! Strange combination. Reminds me of the key cutting shops that always do key cutting and shoe repairs. Why those 2 particular things?

What next, bricky and beauty consultant for £10 an hour???
Cobblers.

The trade is on it's knees, someone round hear was doing advertising (YES advertising) All electrical work undertaken £12ph NO VAT
needs shooting at dawn. hitler was a ------- but he did have some good ideas.

I've seen these sorts of advertisements before. They are generally companies who have some maintenance contracts with councils/housing agents. They charge "multi skilled" personal out at £40-£50per hour whilst paying the worker just over minimum wage, to cover a certain area or number of properties. These folk make big money out of the "small" person and often believe they are doing a favour by employing people. Because the job is skilled the company probably think £10 is a good rate to offer since its a couple of quid more than minimum wage!

Yep I see job advertisements all the time for a "multiskilled engineer with electrical bias".

They want a fully qualified electrician with test & inspect that will also do plumbing (inc unblocking toilets), painting / decorating, and fabric work such as roof repairs / brickwork.

They are definitely taking the p*ss.

I suspect that there is always going to be some impoverished and/or unemployed people who will be desperate enough to accept such conditions otherwise employers wouldn't be offering such derisory hourly rates in the first place.

Reply to Now this is taking the proverbial in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net