Discuss NVQ3 portfolio advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need advise I’m currently completing my NVQ3 portfolio. Actually nearly finished. I completed all my write ups to hit all criteria, and have been submitting to my assessor at college. The work got marked and ticked off the criteria. I’ve now come to the end and my assessor has sent my work to the IQA to be assessed. It has come back with quite a few gaps in it where I haven’t got enough evidence. I took photos of the jobs I completed… some the photos I was in but others I have taken the photo so I’m not in it. My Assesor from college gave me the okay. It has taken me 2 years to hit all the criteria. And now I have to try and get more evidence. This is not so much a problem but I have recently changed jobs as a reliability maintenance engineer and I won’t get the chance to hit all the criteria needed. I feel like I’m back to square one after doing all the work. I completed the majority of my portfolio on one site. And was wondering if I could show my working to my college Assesor on site visit along side my old boss, as witness to the work I have completed? To hit my criteria? Hope this makes sense any advise would be appreciated

you really need to be more specific. Basically the IQA has looked at evidence, and not found anything that meets criteria. You can go back to jobs, if it’s within timescale and basically provide evidence to meet gaps.
You hadn’t finished, regardless of assessor comments. That’s the process. My comment as both assessor and IQA

Reply to NVQ3 portfolio advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net