Discuss OLCI construction course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rich88

I am looking to take a course with OLCI, after being told that spaces at my local college, for a 2 year part time course in c&g electrical installation level 2 (2330), were full.

The course that I am looking to take at OLCI is a c&g level 2 certificate in Electrotechnical technology (2330), which consists of 200+ hours study time and 13 days practical training.

Please excuse my ignorance, but are these 2 courses the same qualification? Also has anybody here experienced OLCI training and recommend/disapprove of it?

I'm still young, so would be happy to start at apprentice level once I have got this training/experience behind me, its just I cannot enrol on a full time college course as I cuurently have other commitments.

Thanks

Yes and I believe that some people on here have been on LCI courses and reviews were quite good.

Sorry for short reply but have headache.

I am looking to take a course with OLCI, after being told that spaces at my local college, for a 2 year part time course in c&g electrical installation level 2 (2330), were full.

The course that I am looking to take at OLCI is a c&g level 2 certificate in Electrotechnical technology (2330), which consists of 200+ hours study time and 13 days practical training.

Please excuse my ignorance, but are these 2 courses the same qualification? Also has anybody here experienced OLCI training and recommend/disapprove of it?

I'm still young, so would be happy to start at apprentice level once I have got this training/experience behind me, its just I cannot enrol on a full time college course as I cuurently have other commitments.

Thanks

Hi. 2330 Electrotechnical technology (Buildings and structures) Level 2 is the course you need for electrical installation.

I won't comment on OLCI as I have no experience of them, except to say that 13 days practical training doesn't seem a lot to me. When I did my L2
over 2 years day release at college the time was split evenly between theory and practical. I think I did about 65 days in total over 2 years so we had approx 30 days in the workshop.

Cheers for the replies. As I said, the main reason for me wishing to enrol in a course is so that I can learn some skills and gain some experience/knowledge, which will hopefully help me gain employment at apprentice level.

Thanks

Hi Rich,
I have been training with them most tutors in London are good but trying to get problems sorted out with the clerical staff is a nightmare. I took a part p course which was rushed no time to digest I was going to do full sparks course but I have told them no way!

They send the students vouchers that you are meant to be able to use against your courses I have been trying to use them since October (It's now nearly May) and they keep making excuses and ignoring so you can't use them. The course material has mistakes all over - considering we are dealing with safety it should be full proofed but no! Resources we should get we don't, they lose our mark and assessment sheets we send off to them.

They won't refund money that is owed, they tell you that they have left messages when they haven't call us liers.

My answer is if you want good training and DECENT customer service go else where most students moan about them and would never do it again!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had a thread recently about them and quite honestly reading that I would say they scored about -50 out of 10.

I would suggest that you turn up at one of their places without warning and ask to be shown around for whats on offer. If they are not willing to do this ask yourself what have they got to hide.

The place I went to not only suggest this but when I turned up I was shown around as promised no hard sell wished me well.

Chris

Reply to OLCI construction course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock