Discuss Page flickering or re-loading once loaded / forum lagging a bit in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I also actually get this and thought it was just me.

Happens on all my forums. But also in Wordpress, so it's not the forum software per se.

I need to identify which browser you use and what device you use please?

NEED TO KNOW:-
  • What is your device make and model?
  • What is the browser you use on that device?
  • Have you tried a different browser to see if that works?
Thanks
[automerge]1599381255[/automerge]

It's a samsung A10. Working internet through chrome.

One other thing iv noticed is that when I click on a forum page, the page is kicking up and down the page before it settles. Sometimes in the middle of the thread rather than the end

It's a samsung A10. Working internet through chrome.

One other thing iv noticed is that when I click on a forum page, the page is kicking up and down the page before it settles. Sometimes in the middle of the thread rather than the end
That's ad-code loading then changing the display based on the account type you have.

Usually only noticeable on really slow connections, or perhaps if you have ad-blockers on? In which case checkout this thread: More ads, suddenly? - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/more-ads-suddenly.190079/

If it's nothing to do with the chrome keyboard issue or ads in general, please start a new thread in this forum for me though so I can keep track of the issues separately.

Cheers. :)
[automerge]1599398029[/automerge]
PS - Also, right now, our forum is set in Development mode which means it wont let your local device keep a cache of the forum. It will load the whole page and all it's images fresh on every page load.

That's probably your issue.

If that is the case, I set it for 8 hours, about 4 hours ago.

So in about 4 hours time your device will load a cache of the whole page you're on, and next visit or page load should load instantly without the 'flicker' because your device loaded most the page locally.

Thinking about it now. That's probably your issue. :)
[automerge]1599398204[/automerge]
Moved these posts to a new thread of their own as I'm guessing a fair few people will be noticing this is happening a lot right now. The reason is due to me helping those with the mental amount of ads. The ads issue is fixed now for most. The flickering will persist until about 6:30pm GMT (London Time).

The keyboard issue is Chrome not us. I'm looking with the developers of the forum software for the particular Chrome version that is causing it to see if there is a setting we can change to make it stop.

Reply to Page flickering or re-loading once loaded / forum lagging a bit in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock