Discuss Part P (2393-10) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris-1977

Hi everyone,

I have completed the City & Guilds 2365 Level 1,2 & 3 in electrical installation. I'm booked to take 17th edition exam in January. Now to become registered as a competent person do I also need Part P?

Thanks

Chris

Hi everyone,

I have completed the City & Guilds 2365 Level 1,2 & 3 in electrical installation. I'm booked to take 17th edition exam in January. Now to become registered as a competent person do I also need Part P?

Thanks

Chris

It's not a qualification,it's a document which can be downloaded for free by any Tom,Dick or Abdul.

Part P courses are short for Part P(illocks from their money).

You need a copy of the document yes, but it's a free download PDF from the planning portal website and they will normally accept you having it electronically and not expect you to print it.

What is a 2393-10? Presumably a c&g course?

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Chris

no you dont need it. But you will need 17th edition.

2393 is a 1 day course and 270£ = useless. Did it about 3 years ago. Wasted my money on it.

Wish I could find one. Contemplating doing an online 17th so I don't have to take time off work

Hi,

i used used the-regs.co.uk. It's an online course and cost about £97, with 100% money back guarantee. Also get a free OSG. I took the exam at PTT in Tring, Herts cost £108. Took me 4 weeks in total doing a bit at night and days off. Scored 80%

Chris

I think I'll only want the exam but tricky finding somewhere that offers just that

Northumberland College used to to 'exam only ' .
I know they have dropped some courses , but give them a ring . It is worth a try.
If I remember right they did the '17th' twice a year and would let some candidates do the exam only if appropriate.
In the early days they had entry requirements.

Hi,

i used used the-regs.co.uk. It's an online course and cost about £97, with 100% money back guarantee. Also get a free OSG. I took the exam at PTT in Tring, Herts cost £108. Took me 4 weeks in total doing a bit at night and days off. Scored 80%

Chris

congrats on passing your exam.
ive been looking at that same website, how was the online material & email support?

thanks

loki

Havering College in Essex allowed me to just do the exam (£30).
Though for some reason, they booked me on to the 2 hour one.

Are you a student at Havering for other stuff or did you just book the exam there? I can find an exam in London and online course for £119 but am nearer to Havering College!

Reply to Part P (2393-10) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net