Discuss part rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

michufc

hi what would you quote for this job
its a three bed terraced it has had a number of muppets working on the house in its time and there is more problems than you can shake a stick at

so what it needs is new 17th edition c/u
new ring main for down stairs
new lighting circuits up and down plus one inderpendant lighting circuit for under the stairs
repair ring main upstairs
supply and fit 5x spots in bathroom to rear of property its on the ground floor and its got no roof access
test and cert
nic eic registered
new fittings also

it would be good to no what other people think o and i am from nuneaton so not london prices
cheers mike:)

To be honest, only you know what your time is worth and what you would be happy working for.

Usually, cost of materials +20%ish on top for profit plus labour.

Maybe allow a weeks labour, get it done sooner then alls good!

Think you should charge for your time + 20% + materials, sounds like and half a job, is the house occupied? this would make a difference to your time dont forget.

hello

How you going to get the cables round for spots if no access ?

Are you cutting out holes in the plasterboard to drill joists ?

if the bathroom ceiling has no access how r u going to fit fire hoods?? or are you not fitting them also to my knowledge you can not notch into the underneath of a joist, cutting the plasterboard yes....

ref firehoods use the fittings with integral fire protection, probably cheaper than a fire hood these days and you can notch the underside of a joist but must protect it with a safety plate, 3mm steel, or using a 150mm hole saw cut an access hole in the plasterboard angle drill a hole through the joist, short drill bit required. Don't let the customer see his ceiling before you've replaced the circular cutouts because he'll ---- himself!!Best of luck!!

What single storey extn? all i've been told is that there is no roof access Could be a boarded loft, a decking project etc. If someone asks for lighting advice and indicates a fire resistance factor then it's not unfair to offer said advice. I've taken a day to consider this and hope you're not trying to "get one over", but also if I'mmissing something please let me know.

the bathroom is right at the back of the property and it does have a pitched roof so clearence should be ok

o and since last responding the customer has ordered i full rewire now and the tenants are moving out for two weeks

cheers mike

Thanks hasel5; hope that wasn't too harsh a post, ---- day at work and you may have got the brunt of my exasperation.

Reply to part rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock