Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Pick the bones outa this EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Yet another useless EICR to add to the others seen on here
I wonder how many of those the author of that EICR knocks out in a week as very little effort has been put into producing it
The dodgy EICR's we see on here are only the tip of a very big iceberg that is not doing the industry any good IMO

Reaction score
Yep it's a real take on; not sure how much it cost the customer I didn't ask and have turned the job down. I told him get another local electrician who can do the whole lot as this chance only does eicr's and not the remedial (not surprising).

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is this a metal conduit install, as there don't seem to be too many CPC's floating around....
Or to put it another way, every circuit on the schedule has a CPC size listed, where are they all?

1626959692268.png

Reaction score
Is this a metal conduit install, as there don't seem to be too many CPC's floating around....
Or to put it another way, every circuit on the schedule has a CPC size listed, where are they all?

View attachment 87909
Yeh its conduit for lights and some other circuits. Had a lightswitch faceplate off while I was there and conduit not connected to back box as it been moved slightly; metal switch aswell. In a nutshell I told customer I'm not replacing unit on the back of that report as it's ####ed and no time to fix all the faults that would undoubtedly be there. And yeah that's right not many cpc,s as most in conduit.

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would say 100% of ‘accessible’ items to be checked as in ‘easily accessible’

I know a few sparks who now list loft wiring as ‘inaccessible’
I’d concur with that especially if said space was also full of junk but then I suppose ‘inaccessible’ is as described!

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
I don’t do EICR’s I’m afraid. Just commenting on DD’s post above. Is there any official guidance on the minimum extent of EICR’s for landlords?

LewisM

-
Reaction score
Not official but Luton council would want 20% of electrical accessories removed for inspection including one from every circuit or something like that

Reply to Pick the bones outa this EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net