Discuss please help me connect this in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Light

I have a bit of a problem and i've managed to come across your forum, so i figured someone might be able to help me here...

i need to connect the High Pressure Sodium lamp with Z 400 MK ignitor and Philips BSN 150 Ballast... here are the schemes that are on those 2 elements:

scheme on balast (BSN 150 L302-ITS)
please help me connect this {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

scheme on ignitor (Z 400 MK):

thank you all so much in advance.

here is the pic that you can just edit in paint adding a few lines so that i know which wire goes where...
edit: where it says "Utikac", that is the part that goes into electric circle in a wall. hh, on my language ;)

btw, i think i know how to read this schemes and i think i've connected it properly the first time when the light bulb exploded, so could it be that that this ignitor doesnot work with philips balasT?
p.s. i'm so sorry this is all in done in paint, but i think it should work.. all you have to do is click on the pic to enlarge it.

Hi light,hi light thats a good one,
not really sure how i can improve on the diagrams you have allready,connect it up as the first one and i cant see why it wont work ,unless you have a duff ballast or the lamp is the wrong type
atvbitwww

Hi light,hi light thats a good one,
not really sure how i can improve on the diagrams you have allready,connect it up as the first one and i cant see why it wont work ,unless you have a duff ballast or the lamp is the wrong type
atvbitwww

well, it would help me alot only if you told me the order in which the letters on ignitor on the first scheme are going..

lets say top to bottom... how do they go Lp, B, N ?

p.s. lol @ hi light... hhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks right ,neutral is at the bottom ,not sure where you are stuck you say the lamp exploded,well ,i dont understand this exploding lamp stuff,its never happend to me ,but this is the second time on this forum its been mentiond ,maybee its more common than i thought ,never heard of it up to last week
anyone else know about exploding lamps?
atvbitwww

so that ends up looking that there are 5 wires going in ignitor:

2 in lp and 2 in N, one in B...right?

are those 2 connections on ballast which are on the same side - actually the same connection? i meen, the same "dot" in the electric circle?

cause i think i've connected according to that scheme, but i might have replaced those 2...

yeah thats correct ,2 wires in lp,2 in neutral ,1 in b, not sure what you meen about the dot in the electric circle ,hopefully you will get lucky and shakey or another of our brighter members will have that answer
atvbitwww

Reply to please help me connect this in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock