Discuss Please help my poor fish... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Elaine Millward

My fish have been in darkness for a few weeks because I am trying to fix the flourescent light, which I have been quoted £120 for a new light! Does anyone know what this part is called or where I can get one? It is the socket that fits the starters. It says 16V on it and it looks corroded. Thanks so much.

Please help my poor fish... photo.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Lovely, thank you. When I get it do I just cut the wires of the one in the picture then they automatically go inside the holes of the new one?

Make sure it's unplugged first. You can usually release the wires by pushing a very small flat screwdriver into the hole where the wire has been pushed in. If not hopefully there's an inch of spare wire somewhere and you can cut the wire as close as possible and restrip it to go into the new starter holder. They come in various shapes and sizes but they're all essentially the same thing so as long as there's room to fit it you can use any type.

To be honest that one shown in the photo doesn't look too bad, I think there's a good chance that something else is causing the problem.

I'm surprised he's not posted here. I'm sure he'll know where you can get a fitting for less than £120

He's probably hammered and got his trousers round his ankles down the rugby club after the match he's been going on about! :)

You can purchase the whole thing, lampholders, ballast, wiring and including the lamp for not much more than a Tenner. Where the hell did you get a replacement cost of £120 from??

You can purchase the whole thing, lampholders, ballast, wiring and including the lamp for not much more than a Tenner. Where the hell did you get a replacement cost of £120 from??

The reason people who sell fish gear like big glass tanks is so they can see customers coming.... :dupe:

Reply to Please help my poor fish... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock