Discuss Power tools tripping ciruit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jonoadams75

Hi i have made no alterations to any circuits but lately everytime i plug in a power tool its trips the 32 amp mcb.
I can plug in chargers and extension leads but as i say the power tools constantly trip, can anyone offer any help or advice please

jon

it trips out on any socket on the ring main i have tested continuity and all is fine, i will try another mcb see if thats the problem as the mcb is over 20 years old and the fuseboard does require an upgrade.
Its just strange that other appliances are ok on the ring main its just power tools of which i have tried various ones trip out the mcb and rcd at the mains board, thanks for all your help so far its much appreciated
jon

Are you using various power tools with the same 110V transformer? Or are they 230V tools?

We have just had a problem on site where a joiners transformer kept tripping MCB's with all tools, using a different tranny there were no problems.

They are all 230 v power tools im going to try and swap the MCB today see if that jelps

jon, before you change anything check out the connections at the consumer unit for the affected circuit [ phase & neutral] and incoming and outgoing connections at the RCD....Power tools have a bit of a surge on initial start up and will show loose connections..........if all o.k then its time to swap mcb and try again.

spark

spark1

thanks for all your help changing mcb tommorrow and putting new consumer unit in hopefully that will work again thanks for the advice so far very much appreciated

Reply to Power tools tripping ciruit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock