Discuss Power tools,what range? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I will shortly have to purchase a range of power tools(drills,drivers,chaser etc)
I really like the look of the Bosch pro (blue) range,are they good,any comments?
I know I should research these individually but thought I might get a deal if bought as a job lot.
If Bosch are not up to standard what would you suggest?
All the best
Gerry

Personally I use a DeWalt XRP 14.4v combi drill (around £200) which I find handles most tasks apart from drilling into concrete, where I would expect my employer to provide an SDS drill; I've used a few different brands and found Bosch to be perfectly adequate.
If I were to buy my own I would probably go for a Bosch 36v to avoid having to find a power supply, although at around £400 they're a bit out of my price range right now - otherwise I would get their 110v 2kg SDS which is around £140 plus the price of a transformer.

Pretty much the only downside of my DeWalt is that it's a bit heavy for screwdriving overhead, so within the next few weeks I'll be buying a Bosch GDR 10.8v impact driver (around £120). Looking at the reviews these are the best impact drivers around.

So to summarise my 'perfect 3 drill toolbox' would comprise:
  • Small - Bosch 10.8v Impact driver
  • Medium - DeWalt 14.4v XRP combi
  • Large - Bosch 36v SDS (with rotary stop for chiselling)
There are deals around, but they never seem to be on what I want to buy - I've found one on the Bosch GDR with a mid-range drill similar to my DeWalt, but that was about £350 so more expensive than buying seperately. If you're buying all 3 together it would probably be worth going to see a (drill) dealer and haggling.

Generally makita but this may surprise a few people but the old cheap as you like sds hammer drills from b and q are a godsend they have no finesse but are great for chasing out sockets, they also do a good angle grinder aswell but mix this with your makita gear and your good tools will last longer well thats what i do any way lol

Hey there.

I have to say I'm a Dewalt man through and through.

I've only ever had Dewalt kit and it's never let me down, one of the drills I have is now 7 years old.

I also have the battery circ saw and grinder and they are brilliant and also never let me down.

Obviously different people have different opinions but you wont go far wrong with Dewalt.

I have to say if you are loaded then milwaukee are about the best on the market right now.

Cheers.

Hi,

Dewalt man also, never let me down only trouble is they get stolen before they will ever break.

makita and bosch after that.

The down side about mixing your tools is the batteries.

Stick to one brand and you wont have issues with interchanging batteries in all your tools and you only need one charger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Power tools,what range? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock