Discuss Price list! in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

luke teague

hi all

I have been pricing job's lately as started on my own, not sure what kinda price's i should charge.

can we list some here for me and other people in the same boat!!

many thanks.

i was told about 5 years ago i should charge £50 a socket and £70 a light. have these prices changed much?
do you charge for the light switch as well?
how much for cu's?
how do you price for a socket, testing of it, cert and win the job??
Call out charge?
central heating wiring??
under floor heating??
water feed underfloor heating wiring??
change a fitting?
fit a extractor fan?
fit appliance i.e cooker, hob, hood?
cooker curcuit?
lighting curcuit?
ring?
stroage heater replace?
stroage heater new?
imersion?
full re-wire??
builders prices?
fault finding??
ect ect:rolleyes:

This is always a difficult one, as each area or region tends to have slightly different pricing trends for the trades, so it very much depends on where you are working. To be competitive you need to be aware of the average prices in your local area rather than any national average prices as they can be significantly different. I would be tempted to start at the lower end and if you get 'inundated' with work.. then hike up the prices accordingly till you get the right balance so that you attract enough work to keep you busy but not so much that you're having to turn work down.
I dont know if thats any help... but the bottom line is.. " ..my guess is as bad as yours".

You could always get the client to get 2 or 3 quotes for the job and say you will do it 5% cheeper! Work for me untill i found my feet.:p

Reply to Price list! in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net