Discuss Problem this afternoon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not necessarily, ive got a socket tester that regularly reports a missing neutral on perfectly OK sockets, but since I only use for the noise to give an indication of when I've pulled the right fuse i'm not going to replace it any time soon.

The best one I ever encountered was a callout from a music teacher, he had a little studio for piano and guitar lessons.Anyway he rings me and say's i have got a serious problem with my sockets and need them to use my equipment otherwise no lessons etc.
So in i walk with toolbag and test kit, i know it must be serious he said because i plugged my socket tester in and it beeped and 2 green lights came on, upon showing him that all he had done is proved that there was no problem and the bleep and lights indicate everything is ok he went bright red the Pleb, and he was even unhappier when i charged him 50.00 for the call out. And before anyone says i am cruel they should have carried my tools and tester up 2 flights of steep stairs.

The best one I ever encountered was a callout from a music teacher, he had a little studio for piano and guitar lessons.Anyway he rings me and say's i have got a serious problem with my sockets and need them to use my equipment otherwise no lessons etc.
So in i walk with toolbag and test kit, i know it must be serious he said because i plugged my socket tester in and it beeped and 2 green lights came on, upon showing him that all he had done is proved that there was no problem and the bleep and lights indicate everything is ok he went bright red the Pleb, and he was even unhappier when i charged him 50.00 for the call out. And before anyone says i am cruel they should have carried my tools and tester up 2 flights of steep stairs.
Morning Glenn

Morning Glenn

Morning Mike how are you doing. The story was 100% genuine by the way, i cant believe some people

pretty good mate, just about to get ready for the rugger. And I do believe you there are some numpties about for sure.
Good man it will be nice to chill out and forget about work for a while, and would i also be correct in thinking you will be sampling a few local refreshments.

Good man it will be nice to chill out and forget about work for a while, and would i also be correct in thinking you will be sampling a few local refreshments.
Yes I am going to go on the Stowfords Press today, it is only 2-50 a pint in the stadium, will go out about 12-45 and back around 6pm I suspect, I am just about to have a shower and get my shirt on lol, should be a really good game, the stadium is sold out and they are closing Kingsholm road for the afternoon. Apparently there is going to be a street party and it is practise for the policing because next year our Ground is going to hold 10 televised world cup matches. I expect there will be a lot of police about to shout abuse at haha

That's a beautiful ship.

There's a picture floating about on tinterweb of one sailing down the Tyne having just been built at the legendary Armstrong's Works and on its way to its sea trials.

I can't remember the name of it but it's a magnificent sight and always reminds me of Tidyboiler steaming down the aisles of Tesco with her shopping trolley.
it were summat i got off a website someware...

there was no description other than Dreadnoughts at sea...

on their way to Jutland perhaps?

it were summat i got off a website someware...

there was no description other than Dreadnoughts at sea...

on their way to Jutland perhaps?

Very likely Jutland.

Very likely built by Armstrong (Geordieland)

Guns by Armstrong (Geordieland)

Engines - geared turbine - by Parsons (Geordieland)

ENJOY!!! >>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVwoQTWtIH4

Last edited by a moderator:
As everything was unplugged this is what is not helping, I'll let you know how I get on when I go back.

if every thing is plugged in the its defiantly a neutral fault as i said , imagin a Lamp 230 volt in ,dont bother to connect the neutral and then test on the opposing lamp terminal of the light bulb to earth you will get 230 v its the same with a lost neutral and if its a supply neutral it will appear as though the live and earth have been reversed this is one reason you should never rely on socket testers and volt sticks treat every appliance as a load live in neutral out no neutral you will have 230 volts on the outgoing of the appliance when you test between neutral and earth

Yes I am going to go on the Stowfords Press today, it is only 2-50 a pint in the stadium, will go out about 12-45 and back around 6pm I suspect, I am just about to have a shower and get my shirt on lol, should be a really good game, the stadium is sold out and they are closing Kingsholm road for the afternoon. Apparently there is going to be a street party and it is practise for the policing because next year our Ground is going to hold 10 televised world cup matches. I expect there will be a lot of police about to shout abuse at haha
i thought you meant that Leeds UTD fans were turning up Mike when i read this....

Unlucky grandad, on the day the better team showed you the way home :wink: But why you had the buffon 13trees kicking goals I'll never understand ......

Unlucky grandad, on the day the better team showed you the way home :wink: But why you had the buffon 13trees kicking goals I'll never understand ......
The match wasn't decided by kicks, the match was decided by one of our players nearly decapitating a bath player. He got sent off, then it was 15 against 14 and we were then struggling. Eventually we were down to 11 men against 15 and still winning with less than 4 minutes to go, the ref was all over the place and anyone watching the match knew although twelvetrees missed 3 kicks he wasn't to blame. I will tell you what though badge it was a brilliant atmosphere today and fair play to the Bath supporters in the shed joining in, great fun, see you lot next season.

But if billy13trees -- who im no admirer of -- had got his kicks within 10m of the posts the game would have had a different ending! The Gloucester players wouldn't have had to take the risks they did ...... you need more Welsh players in your side :biggrin:

But if billy13trees -- who im no admirer of -- had got his kicks within 10m of the posts the game would have had a different ending! The Gloucester players wouldn't have had to take the risks they did ...... you need more Welsh players in your side :biggrin:
Funnily enough Hibbard was at the match today showing off his golden locks of hair, he has been signed for next season, regarding the kicks, Twelvetrees has had to take over because cook was on the subs bench and Freddie burns is a total **** and going to leicester. We need a new kicker admittedly, but the near decapitation was the reason we lost today.

Get a grip! Leeds Utd fans? Do they really exists ..... :sad:
I lived all over the place and one thing that is without doubt a complete constant (apart from the obligatory plastic manure or liverpo etc) is that Leeds supporters are everywhere… the one and only real sleeping giant is stirring, beware Leeds Utd are finally waking up …leeds leeds leeds

Reply to Problem this afternoon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net