Search the forum,

Discuss Pyro Help Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Has the OP measured any Insulation resistance? As numerous posts have mentioned it could be a fault at a fitting or being a lighting circuit a borrowed neutral.

Had a quick scan thought the full thread but not seen anything mentioning test results.

First of all me thinks he had a problem with the lights and left them to the end of the job because thats what you do I suppose and because it is MICC and it has been in for a while it may be an end that is down or the insulation is brittle and the cable it touching the box and its not the first time a customer has connected the earth of a fitting in with the neutral.

Also fuseboard change you cannot do a full EICR but I always do a Ze PSC and global insulation ie live and neutral linked out and IR at 250vdc to earth if I get 80Meg fine if I get dead short I highlight to customer more work is required. Plus I dont give them my readings ie customer phones to say I have another electrician quoting and he has asked me to ask you what your reading were I always reply I cannot put my hands on them just now but I could call back later to which i never do and they dont either. In other words if the guy wants to know what the reading are he can find out for himself

Reply to Pyro Help Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back