Search the forum,

Discuss Pyro Help Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As it's pyro, if this fault is anywhere other than at an accessory I'll show my bum in Primark window.
Once installed pyro will just sit there for years quietly chugging away and will outlast by many many years a T+E installation. My money is on something being disturbed at a fitting or switch, find that and it's good for flippin years to come

As said above. If they refuse to pay for upgrade and what you have done is not less safe than before. Note it on the cert and Job done :)
I think the ESC deem this an acceptable method Also.

Hi all

Changed a consumer unit today, Advised customer on PIR first but to no avail, so i changed the old consumer unit for a 17th edition dual rcd one, All circuits fine apart from the lighting circuit which trips instantly, Did the standard tests and found allsorts of problems with the neutrals and earths throughout the circuit , Now the problem i have is the entire installation is Pyro , Theirs no loft or floorboards ( second floor flat) so i have no minimal access to cabling, Advised the customer the lighting circuit needs rewiring, But they dont want to go for it and keep explaining to me " It worked before" ( May i also add the customer is polish!!) Now as a temporary measure until i get back their next week ive put the lighting circuit on the mainswitch side of the consumer unit , to atleast give the tenant lighting, Can anybody advise me on the best way to go about this as this work has to be certificated and i dont want to put my name anywere near this lighting circuit !

Many thanks

be it pyro or t&e theres a fault,just trace it and fix it,as has been said many times mention the word pyro and people panic,its just a cable,too many people rewire to get rid of a basic fault,if it was t&e would you rewire the circuit or fix the faulty leg

As i see it, you need to progress a testing exercise through the circuit, marking and inspecting each core as you go. As others have stated this sounds more like something has been disturbed, a pinched cable, or a previously damaged sleeve that's now allowing the conductor to come into contact with something. It's a bummer i know, but it needs to be fixed at the end of the day.... lol!!

Reply to Pyro Help Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock