Discuss Quote for re-wire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkz

Hi.....just need some advice and info. How much would you price for a basic re wire for 3 bedroom semi detatch house including all gear and a supply for a power shower. Dont know if it effects the price but the house is located in West Sussex.

Appreciate your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.....just need some advice and info. How much would you price for a basic re wire for 3 bedroom semi detatch house including all gear and a supply for a power shower. Dont know if it effects the price but the house is located in West Sussex.

Appreciate your help

If I were you I would check first to see what work is required i.e:

how many lighting points?
how many power points?
Cooker connections?
Extractor fans?
Smoke alarms?
Out door supplies?
Any new lighting or socket points that require channeling?
Changing the earthing arrgements?
Etc.

Just an example, but you don't want to quote an off the head price and realise that you have under charged and lost money.

Warren

All work chased out.

20 sockets
9 pendants
Supply for power shower
Supply for oven
Radial supply for outside socket
Supply wiring to loft for combi boiler
Water and Gas earthing plus 4mm earthing upstairs and downstairs bathroom - side extension.

Extras
Wire 3 co-ax to tv point and spur up for plazma point plus HDMI cables lounge and dining room. All tv cables wired to loft.
2 Wall lights in bedroom 1
2 Wall lights in bedroom 2
2 wall lights in hall
6 down lights in hall
3 outside lights

All work has been completed. I just need to see how prices vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
17th Edition, states no longer required if main bonding in place and disconnection times are met

Mark

Took us 4 and half days. Well the first day we had total of 3 electrician's and 1 apprentice. Then 2 electricians were left to finish the job off.

We charged the customer £2900. She got a quote from another electrician for £2100 and i tried explaining to her you pay cheap you going to get cheap. Funny to say that the only reason why she wanted us to do it because others have said we do neat job. Now shes remiding us about how some other guy could of done it cheaper. I know for a fact the the guy shes talking about does a cheaper and rough job.

Even her relative who works for network rail and whos a DC electrician got involed and said to her he could of done it cheaper. The guy has never done house bashing apart from pulling cables on a railtrack. I get really enoyed when others can judge your work and prices when their not even electricians.:mad:

Took us 4 and half days. Well the first day we had total of 3 electrician's and 1 apprentice. Then 2 electricians were left to finish the job off.

We charged the customer £2900. She got a quote from another electrician for £2100 and i tried explaining to her you pay cheap you going to get cheap. Funny to say that the only reason why she wanted us to do it because others have said we do neat job. Now shes remiding us about how some other guy could of done it cheaper. I know for a fact the the guy shes talking about does a cheaper and rough job.

Even her relative who works for network rail and whos a DC electrician got involed and said to her he could of done it cheaper. The guy has never done house bashing apart from pulling cables on a railtrack. I get really enoyed when others can judge your work and prices when their not even electricians.:mad:

Think what you charged there was cheap considering the number of points, labour involved and for West Sussex. Sounds like she had a deal.

Did your £2900 include an EIC?

Reply to Quote for re-wire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock