Discuss R.I.P Neil Armstrong in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I just skimmed through this thread and the various conspiracy theory posts

Here is a link to the item that is used daily by BRITISH astrophysicists when laser measuring the moons distance. I suppose Jessica Ennis threw it there:death:

http://Ringed by footprints, sitting in the moondust, lies a 2-foot wide panel studded with 100 mirrors pointing at Earth: the "lunar laser ranging retroreflector array." Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong put it there on July 21, 1969, about an hour before the end of their final moonwalk. Thirty-five years later, it's the only Apollo science experiment still running.

I really find conspiracy theories on a par with Faulty Towers,its so silly it just has to be funny and no I don't wish to argue the point :6::grin:

so, we are to believe that it was real. those massages really did come 1/4 million miles from the moon. yet 43 years of advances in technology, and it's still proving impossible to get a mobile phone signal 3 miles from a mast to a mobile phone.

So assuming it was all a fake. As was asked earlier, how come not one person involved in this cover up of unfathomable size has come forward to debunk it.
The US government pumps billions of dollars into NASA every year, so why? just to win a US v Russia peeing contest.
It happened guys, Neil Armstrong was the first to set foot there and to claim otherwise is an insult not only to him but a great many others too

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The word 'hero' and 'legend' are used far too often but this guy is worthy off them titles...I salute you Neil Armstrong. Met Buzz Aldrin once at Cape Canaveral, really nice guy - had some really interesting stories to tell about himself and Neil.

Reply to R.I.P Neil Armstrong in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net