Discuss Reliable LED floodlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
The stately home I work with has asked me to repair a couple floodlights not working.
Mounted very high up… I could hang over the roof and checked the lamp, which was ok… but noticed water behind the glass.

Am building scaffold tomorrow to check the supply, although non-contact was indicating a live, but not necessarily a neutral in the flex…. And possible water ingress into the back of the fitting.

Looking for LED replacements that are going to last more than a couple of years like the dinky 10w ones I’ve been seeing.

Equivalent light output of a 1000 or 1500w halogen…

And available through CEF, YESSS or at a push, screwfix.
Will take any other options (ie, online) if I’m confident I can get warranty.
It could mean changing all the fittings to the same.

I'd be inclined to look at Bell. Available form CEF and many independents, generally decent quality and come with 5-10 year warranty (depending on model). A few of their ranges will have on-site guarantee for first year.

I'd be inclined to look at Bell. Available form CEF and many independents, generally decent quality and come with 5-10 year warranty (depending on model). A few of their ranges will have on-site guarantee for first year.
Cheers.

I thought Bell was a bit of an old fashioned manufacturer…. Didn’t know they were still around.

Same Bell?

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3486.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 6
On CEF looks like they go up to 200w LED for 24000lm.
A 1500w halogen is stated at 33000lm.

I’ll see what their office thinks of the price tag!

I'm a fan of the Ledvance Endura range, fairly sleek looking and seem to last well:

On CEF looks like they go up to 200w LED for 24000lm.
A 1500w halogen is stated at 33000lm.

I’ll see what their office thinks of the price tag!

If you look at Bell's website there are quite a few options, some of which are probably excessively bright for this application.

As above, Collingwood would be another good option, but probably more expensive again.

Ansell Coastal are pretty good, i fitted a few at a marina last year and so far so good. As above Bell or Collingwood also recommended. Not a fan of Ledvance of Philips

Seen quite a few failures with Ansell floodlights, although not sure if they were from the coastal range.
Good point, One of the issues with led food lights is past performance is not indicator or future products. A lot of brands seem to come in strong, sold off, then cut quality and rely on a brand name. I know this is the same across the board but feels more apparent on external lighting to me

Good point, One of the issues with led food lights is past performance is not indicator or future products. A lot of brands seem to come in strong, sold off, then cut quality and rely on a brand name. I know this is the same across the board but feels more apparent on external lighting to me

There's a particular brand I'd recommend, but damned if I can remember their name :D It's a German manufacturer, but pretty certain they won't meet @littlespark's criteria regarding local availability and also exceptionally expensive.

Spent the day phoning around, as the home wants this done by Thursday night for an evening event.

The only local stock is off the shelf from YESSS. They have a Novah Onyx 300W….. 2 year warranty.

I’ve never heard of them, but when asked for reliability I got the usual “we wouldn’t stock them if they weren’t reliable” sales spiel.

Anyone had experience with them??

Never heard of them but, if it's your only option, it's what you have to fit. One benefit of a 2 year warranty is that the customer can't expect you to replace it FOC in 6 year's time - especially when it was their time constraints that forced its use.

Reply to Reliable LED floodlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net