Discuss Replacing steeple RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Morning,

The RCD that protects half of our split steeple board is showing signs of overheating. The connection was loose and i've tightened it.

ive contacted Denmans (who i believe bought steeple) asking for a replacement rcd. they've said that they don't make the series e anymore but they have rcds that will fit.

im just wondering if it's notifiable to change it? if it isn't, I was just going to replace it and do the rcd testing myself.

Thank you for reading,

not notifiable, it's an repair for a faulty? item. really a like for like replacement. test and MWC.

Hi,

thanks for the replies. It’s only £20 and there’s a denmans in town so we can pick it off the counter. She hasn’t given a part number but I’m guessing it’s compatible if they say it is.

Lucky we caught it really as it could have been nasty.

Attachments

• C7102A4F-9A34-44A3-BB3C-88EF9727A834.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1E3CF365-062F-4A8A-B953-1CB0CA52C127.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 3E9264BC-AA98-4341-A3A3-7755C42B3E85.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi,

thanks for the replies. It’s only £20 and there’s a denmans in town so we can pick it off the counter. She hasn’t given a part number but I’m guessing it’s compatible if they say it is.

Lucky we caught it really as it could have been nasty.
The one I have looks like a newer version, so possibly the same as what denmens stock.

Reply to Replacing steeple RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon all. Apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm currently half part way through completing 2391 (second exam tonight) - so may be...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
A POST FOR DISCUSSION An EICR in my rented flat concluded that an RCD was required among a few other small jobs. I was away while the remedials...
Replies
Views
Customer has a large metal caravan with three phase supply feeding 3 metal Consumer units with split load RCD outlets contained within - all...
Replies
Views
1pm, quite happy doing my planned job. Builder then asks if I could go out to another job where the top lights have all tripped out. I like peace...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock