Discuss Rummaging around in the loft in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

and just found my Deed of Apprenticeship and City and Guilds Certs as well as my JIB membership from 1982/85 when I was youthful and good looking with a full head of hair.......

Are they still of any use or should I make copies and sell them to Eastern Europeans?

yeah, but do we have any geriatric eastern europeans over here that know feet and inches?

I'll swap them for me tuffty club card,a cycling proficiency badge, 18 Robinson's jam golliwog badges,an action man with bald patches,and some anti-macasser throws...;)

I'll swap them for me tuffty club card,a cycling proficiency badge, 18 Robinson's jam golliwog badges,an action man with bald patches,and some anti-macasser throws...;)

Is it still legal to own those Robinson's badges?

Damn I was a member of the Tufty club as well and got a silver in the cycling proficiency test, got some 50 year old plastic F1 cars somewhere as well I think hidden in my Fathers leather suitcase from the 50's god knows how he managed to lug that down to the East End docks.

Anti grease covers like they used to have on trains or planes for the great unwashed and Northerners ;o)))))

Apparently I'm naturally greasy, being half WOP... What's your excuse?

What are these?
Macassar oil was a hair oil,from the Ylang ylang tree (sounds a bit Roald Dahl) which gents smoothed their hair with. Anti-macassar throws,were a lace type mat,in various shapes,which were draped over the upper rear part of chairs in the "best" room,to prevent staining.

Being gifted some,was an early 20th century "right of passage",for a married couple,who were,by this offer,deemed to have got to the stage where "best" furniture had been purchased,and needed protecting...

Not long after,everybody got rock music,credit cards and coke...and the rest is history...;)

Is it still legal to own those Robinson's badges?
Legal? Has North Korea just taken your village? ;)

The rappers have hijacked a word we can't use,the nazis altered a peaceful Hindu symbol we can't use,and now,my childhood marmalade memorabilia has to be locked in a bank vault,and i have to pray Brian Reader's offspring,don't release them to the world...

I suppose my Jim'll fix it medal and me narrowboat holiday pictures with Fred Talbot will have to come off the mantelpiece :):):)

Reply to Rummaging around in the loft in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net