Discuss SAIF Pillar Connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been tasked with adding a PV system on to a site which has a 1600A SAIF feeder pillar as its incomer. Not overly familiar with the set up. The SAIF pillar is full with no spare ways, and all feeds hanging off this pillar are inadequate for the size of PV system going in without major alterations. The designer has suggested, doubling up on one of the 400A outgoing ways and cabling to a switch fuse bolted to the pillar and feeding the PV from there, treating the connection as kind of a busbar chamber as the PV will be feeding back in and not drawing any load.

I would have preferred to take on the existing circuits out the pillar to make space and feed a new DB which could take the PV and the existing circuit but space and location of the cables isn't allowing this.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this or have much experience with SAIF pillars?

Thanks in advance

Reply to SAIF Pillar Connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

For various reasons out of my control, we have wound up in a situation where we have 1.5mm SWA cables buried in these pillars and exiting out of...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for reading this. Ive been asked to look at a job where the DNO connection (single phase 80A TT) is a long run to the final circuits...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock