Currently reading:
Scottish Referendum

Discuss Scottish Referendum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

and then they can have the rest of the Poles that aren't already in england.

Hum, not sure about that.

Politicians always make promises when they are not in charge and when they are the "excuse list" gets rolled out big time.

What don't you like at the moment? spill the beans!

Errm...no. I think I'll keep that to myself. I'm not taking the bait and giving more ammunition...

Errm...no. I think I'll keep that to myself. I'm not taking the bait and giving more ammunition...

Typical - you would do well as a Politician.

The reality is that an independent Scotland will have some fairly unpalitable decisions to make - probably not at first, but certainly within 10 years so beware the budgets to come.

cost them a bomb to rebuild that wall they've pulled down to build cottages.

Typical - you would do well as a Politician.

The reality is that an independent Scotland will have some fairly unpalitable decisions to make - probably not at first, but certainly within 10 years so beware the budgets to come.

If it goes t**s up I'll move to Wales and vote for independence :44:

I'm reminded of the articles that went round a few years ago about the revocation of independence for the USA.
Maybe Scotland could/should do the same.
And make it retrospective.

Revocation of the monarchy - the first monarch of the union was King James VI - he of the KJV bible.
So maybe we should revoke the bible too.
Then penicillin.
Television.
The telephone
Logarithms
James Clerk Maxwell's work on electricity and magnetism
Lord Kelvin
The watt

And peter Pan.

:D

I'm reminded of the articles that went round a few years ago about the revocation of independence for the USA.
Maybe Scotland could/should do the same.
And make it retrospective.
Then penicillin.
Television.
The telephone
Logarithms
James Clerk Maxwell's work on electricity and magnetism
Lord Kelvin
The watt
No a clue why it would be a good idea:)

This is on BBC iplayer;

Scotland: For Richer or Poorer

I only 'skip' watched it but saw no reference to Scotlands 'clean energy' resources (wind farms etc), only their already depleted North Sea oil reserves (estimated 24 billion barrels remaining)!

A thought just occurred to me. If the Scots do vote for independence what will happen to the members we have from north of Berwick? After all, they'll be foreigners then.
I hope it's a no because we need the non tory MPs from there.

A thought just occurred to me. If the Scots do vote for independence what will happen to the members we have from north of Berwick? After all, they'll be foreigners then.
I hope it's a no because we need the non tory MPs from there.
They might get hungry, all the supermarket giants will leave :grin:

I'd like them to shift the border south a few miles if they do leave. Put it around the A1231 and I'll put up with that. I'd rather be an independent jock than be ruled by tories forever.

I think if London has a 12 foot wall around it and David Cameron only has powers within the wall nearly all the UK will be happy and the Scots will stick with us lol, I am a west country man, we don't like anyone without a farmers accent :grin:

Yes please lol, I am intending to retire to somerset in a few years and hope I only see apple orchards and wildlife and definately no politicians.

The vast majority of our current Politicians are only there for a career, then a lucrative book and lectures.

I'd like to see the back of all of them who don't have a minimum 20 years service in private industry - which wouldn't leave many!

Reply to Scottish Referendum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock