Discuss Scum sparkies? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

London Luke

like all trades you get those that are pure scum etc. Happy to rip off old ladies etc and do bodge jobs etc.

Also why as a white guy do some trades etc expect me to be racist and only have football as a interest?
I arrived today to give a hand (i know the property) to a Sparky who was working for the neighbor but needed access to the roof space, I was shocked by how he just started a "paki/ muslim" conversation without any idea of my thoughts ! the guy was so racist i was shocked
My client (home owner ) is from Jordan and my ex wife etc is a Muslim.

was i wrong to tell him to **** off and leave "our side" of the roof so he was unable to continue ? !!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe he did not know what day it was !
what is it about people these days that presume if i am white i must be racist?

he was a bit put out etc and now we expect a call from his head office to find out why we denied him access to work.

same as when i am in whole sellers etc and you listen to the "smuG' spark telling everyone how he manages to stretch jobs out so far until the client is almost in tears.

you can get good and bad in all trades luke but i know what you mean,i know a guy who refuses to work for anyone with a asian appearance or accent because he says they are all tight and never want to pay up or allways want something for nothing now i have to say that i have come across some POEPLE who dont like spending but it had nothing to do with their race they was just tight and would have been so if they where pink with green spots,some of my best customers are from ethnic backgrounds;) as for the guy in the wholesalers he just sounds like a tw*t ,with a bit of luck the next time he strings a job out that persons son will come and bounce him down the path and do a little dance on his windpipe.:eek:

I dont care who I do work for so long as they payup.

But I know what you mean London Luke you do come across these types of people in all trades.

I know a plumber who wont work for asians, he is not racist, he says they are terrible payers thats all . He puts his bill in for lets say £500, and the customer says he will only pay £300.

We all have our opinions on other nationalities, I am keeping mine to myself.

I won't work for anyone asian and I am happy to say so. If you think that makes me racist then so be it. However, they ARE the world's worst at paying. Always want a discount / something for nothing too. My mate is Indian and he says exactly the same thing!

im the same as easyfox,i will work for anyone as long as they pay but i will admit to allways starting a quote £150 higher if its for someone i know will want to barter me down if you catch my drift.

I know a plumber who wont work for asians, he is not racist, he says they are terrible payers thats all . He puts his bill in for lets say £500, and the customer says he will only pay £300.

We all have our opinions on other nationalities, I am keeping mine to myself.

sounds to me more like your mate cannot communicate ! If he has quoted time and costs to a client i have never ever heard of a client making a offer.

Is he a cash in hand guy? thats the route to a load of trouble. I do full invoices and receipts and ask for cheque there and then. no chance of me even thinking at that stage of accepting a offer. I dont mind at the quoting stage if they want to haggle et >but no way at the end.

It shows that you don't know how the Asian community works Luke. If you put a bill in for £500 then they always counter offer - even if they accepted your quote. It is they way they work fella;)

It shows that you don't know how the Asian community works Luke. If you put a bill in for £500 then they always counter offer - even if they accepted your quote. It is they way they work fella;)

Exactly right. 3 out of 5 will try to barter. I explain, pay up or you will get a letter from my solicitor in a couple of days starting legal proceedings which will instantly cost you another £75.00. Have never had to go the full route. You very rarely see Indians in the small claims court. The stigma in there society is to great.

I don't care who you are, young, old, black, white, rich, poor. You accepted my quote and signed you name. Pay on time or we go see a judge.

Maybe for you ! But i dont have these issues. Sure it must go on at times because i hear it many times. Thats why i only work for who i want. Today i worked a 1/2 day and refused to work the other 1/2 because the security guy informed me the "old dear" who asked me if i could do a few hours work was a nightmare. I tend to ask if they know about anyone who asks me to work for them

If i had a issue like a client trying it on at the end i would strip all work out and tell them to **** off big time. The moment they start its all over !
I act professional and expect my clients to be.

Ok, but what if you give em 7 days terms and then that's when the **** starts? I don't get trouble cos I am 5 foot 11, 17 stone, shaven headed, tatooed, doorman and triple balck belt:D

Ok, but what if you give em 7 days terms and then that's when the **** starts? I don't get trouble cos I am 5 foot 11, 17 stone, shaven headed, tatooed, doorman and triple balck belt:D
I dont give em terms,if i do a rewire and its a first fix then i have 65% of the total,then when the jobs completed i give them the invoice for the full amount and just wait for my cheque with the cert in my hand,no cash no cert:cool: i am 6foot ,18 stone and a quadrouple black belt so there:p oh and i got tatooes as well:p

I am slim and buy good fitting trousers. No need for 3 x ****inn belts to hold my trousers up!

Also "wing wong ding dong " aint no good in 2008. You been a ex doorman should Know that.

I am slim and buy good fitting trousers. No need for 3 x ****inn belts to hold my trousers up!

Also "wing wong ding dong " aint no good in 2008. You been a ex doorman should Know that.

Oh but it is. My fighting style is mixed martial arts. Without it I would have been an average doorman. Mix it with weaponry and it is an awesome skill to have. That said - as my late father-in-law always used to tell me - you may be bigger, but there is always someone better. A little humilit goes a long way. Never underestimate anyone is the first lesson for today!

been on hun .com have you:D:eek:;):p

I prefer redtube;):D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Scum sparkies? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net