Discuss Seaward Supernova Plus in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the serial number on a Supernova plus? I've been through all the settings, searched all over the case and not a sausage, bugger all etc... I'm getting to the point of looking in the manual but as we all know, that's a sign of failure :(

It's not battery powered. The Supernova is 230v(ish!) powered.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH............... I have failed in life :(:(:(:(

Aw bugger. I've got to find the RS232 lead and dig out my USB-RS232 lead that's in the back of the van. Too cold tonight, I'll do it tomorrow.

Thanks for the info :)

That worked. Got the serial number. Just got to put it through calibration now. Ah the joys of buying 2nd hand. Had to get one though, I miss my old one and the Megger PAT we have is crap compared to the Supernova. It's strange how the serial no. is shown when you download in SSS format but it's not displayed if you do any of the printouts direct from the unit. Having said that the 'certificate' that the tester prints is terrible.

Well, it seems the Supernova has got an easy(ish) to get at serial number. If you fold the keyboard down into its user position then look into the left side of the cable storage area (110V socket side) stuck to the inside of the casing is a sticker with the serial number on it. No, I didn't find it myself. I was told by the guy who did the calibration. I wouldn't have thought of looking there.

Reply to Seaward Supernova Plus in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net