Discuss SECTT TEST STUDYING? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking the SECTT Test but I'm not sure what to study can you guys help me out, If you did a college course was there a disk you used to study or any study books? Did you buy your own, if so please let me know what you used. Many Thanks.

If you go to this website and check out P 16 it should clear things up for you a little. http://www.sectt.org.uk/documents/SECTTApprenticeshipandAdultTraineeshipSchemeBrochure_000.pdf
the rest of the brochure is worth a read too it outlines what will happen and what to expect.

I done my apprenticeship through SECTT and the SJIB all of the learning materials we needed for the actual apprenticeship where provided.

Join the trainee section and check out what goes on in there.
Feel free to PM me for advice etc as well.

It might be a good idea to pick up a copy of Guidance note 3 I think that's the only thing we never got but at first you wont really need this. Inspection and Testing is, in my opinion, where a lot of sparks fall down, there's plenty of videos in the trainee section that will be helpful with inspection and testing. If you start early you'll be pretty good at it by the time it actually gets around to learning about it and should fly through.

If you go to this website and check out P 16 it should clear things up for you a little. http://www.sectt.org.uk/documents/SECTTApprenticeshipandAdultTraineeshipSchemeBrochure_000.pdf
the rest of the brochure is worth a read too it outlines what will happen and what to expect.

I done my apprenticeship through SECTT and the SJIB all of the learning materials we needed for the actual apprenticeship where provided.

Join the trainee section and check out what goes on in there.
Feel free to PM me for advice etc as well.

It might be a good idea to pick up a copy of Guidance note 3 I think that's the only thing we never got but at first you wont really need this. Inspection and Testing is, in my opinion, where a lot of sparks fall down, there's plenty of videos in the trainee section that will be helpful with inspection and testing. If you start early you'll be pretty good at it by the time it actually gets around to learning about it and should fly through.
Thank you for the response, this will help me a lot I appreciate it.

Thank you for the response, this will help me a lot I appreciate it.
No worries, Good luck and all the best in your career.

Remember to join the trainees section too.

It seems the above link is broken but once you've made a few posts contact the staff here and you should get in no problem. https://www.electriciansforums.net/forums/contactstaff/

Last edited:
You also need to be employed to train.

When you say 'test' do you mean the entry test to get on a course or do you mean your FICA? If the former then its a mixture of questions and really short on time. There used to be sample questions on the SECTT website. If its a FICA then you cant take that until your employer considers you are ready for it as they have to sign you off as ready.

Reply to SECTT TEST STUDYING? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net