Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Security Light Component Fail in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi - today I was called to take down a 50W motion detecting security light that was always on. Rather than just bin it, I’ve cut the sensor open and found the charred remains of some-component-or-other in it. A smoking gun, you might say. What do you think the toasted component 7C5B7440-860C-4545-9F83-E88EB7FF7A7D.jpegwas? It might’ve been across the relay, which is out of view on the other side of the board.

I bench tested the light was “always on” prior to cutting the sensor open. And so it initially remained afterwards. Then I cleaned up the area and guess what, sensor now appears to work as intended. Hmmm.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Had similar with a outside motion detector at my local, spayed some switch cleaner in it by surgically forcing the tube trough the edge of the lens. Its been alright ever since 12 months and counting !

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m tempted to silicon it back together and use it here at home :) .

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
why not remove the PIR completely and trigger floodlight using a stand-alone PIR?

Reply to Security Light Component Fail in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom