Discuss Setsquare pods in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest123

Hi. Recently finished a job on brand new school near where i live.

All lighting was controlled by setsquare infrapod duo switching units and low voltage p.i.r's. Has anyone else come accross these little fella's?? if so views and opinions please lads, and ladies of course.

Cheers.

yeah, they are good but the teachers dont like them, they have overide switches aswell, but the teachers cant get use to the push to make switch to put them on.

always getting complaints, you can also get them with photocells too and you then adjus the dials on the front to set them up.

what school did u install them in?

It was a new school called Brynteg in Llanelli near to me.

The problem we had was that the spec said to provide a manual overide "on" function via a key switch, but the teachers were complaining because there was no way of actually switching the lights off to use the white boards and projectors etc. In the end we had to change the wiring to allow for a manual overide "off" aswell as the "on".

If only architects and designers thought about things a bit more it would save a lot of hassle down the line.

oh is that the new one in the bryn, infact i think there are 2 new ones there very close to each other.

yes thats another problem unable to switch them off, so how did you wire that then??

you had the sensors working normal, but you also had to have an overide on and overide off, i guess another keyswitch to cut the power to the lot.

did you commision them or setsquare themselves?? that screened cable is a pain aswell, even more so when there are loads of other cables in the conduit.

Yeah there's one just down the road called Bryn primary, built by WRW I think. The one we did was Brynteg Community built by TRJ.

The problem we had was if you have the key switch cutting the supply to the pods then when you switch them back on they dont work for 5 - 10 mins as the pir's have to re settle themselves and the teachers wern't happy with this.

What we had to do was install a new switch wire to cut the supply to the relays only, so the feed to the pod itself was still present. nightmare of a job but now we've come across it we'll know in future.

We did all the commisioning ourselves. Your right about the screened cable we ended up running another conduit just for it.

Reply to Setsquare pods in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock