Discuss short course?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

t3zza36

hi guys im currently a jointers mate and im seriously considering using my holidays to go on a short course to become qualified domestic installer, i gonna pay for it myself as an investment for the future wot du yall think about that , i think its a good idea and somewot relevant???

hi mate do you mean jointers as is the guys that work on the mains in the street uner hround etc with gaunlets and big --- cables?? fascintates me it does!!

yeah id go for it mate if thats what you wanna do, what quals you got at the mo??

hi i just got a jointers mates qualification but they gonna eventually train me to be a jointer plus i will have hands on experience, the short course for domestic installation will be mainly for use on my own house and familys.

the reason i gonna pay for this course is i gettin on a bit now and havent got time for long drawn out course so thought it b good idea to pay the money and do a short course.

I'll swap ya - the thought of pouring lead and resin....and then triggering every alarm in a mile radius...yay.

All respect mate - I'm always impressed when I see you lot at work. Find myself wanting to ask If i can watch - my Dad started as a jointer's mate before switching (forgive that) to linesman.

Last edited by a moderator:
jointing is a skilled respected trade, as you say you are getting on, and to be trained as a jointer i think id stick with it and leave the housebashing to the young guys.

if its purely for understanding and occasional small jobs then go for it, but dont expect to get much in way of knowledge from these fsattrack courses, you learn the bare minimum needed.

back it up with 2382 and 2391 for better additional knowledge

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to short course?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock