Discuss Should have been a PLUMBER ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

madmaz

-
Reaction score
Just first fixing a domestic property thats undergoing a huge remodel at the moment, I've been onsite roughly 3 weeks now installing complete home network, tv cabling, security alarm cabling, automated lighting for garden lights (3 feeds), hot tub supply, electric oven, hob and shower, downlights absolutely everywhere, power for the shed 4 smoke detectors, earth rod and pit fitted as well as the complete rewire with wall lights and upto 4 sockets in each room, old wet pants has been there 2 days slapped a load of plastic pipe all over job done makes you wonder who the daft ones are !!!! I'm seriously thinking about a career change

tools will probably have been nicked from a sparks anyway. and @ madmaz, that title is offensive wash your mouth out with carbolic after mentioning the P word.

odour du toilette is due to methane (CH4) and hydrogen sulphide (H2S), the latter should not be confused with a proposed new high speed train which is also a bag of shyte.

We are in exactly the same boat. Ran probably 5-6km of T&E and over 10km of data cables into an old farmhouse, luckily we got there first and drilled nice neat holes through new joists, within the spacings as recommended in the Building Regs, and in the old parts of the house took care to drill cables through old joists so it wouldn't affect the joists.........

Wet pants comes along when we are nearly done, spends the first half a day going round moaning htat we have run our cables in his way, then proceeds to absolutely butcher the joists, old and new, to the point that there won't be many fixings holding the new floors down!! 2 days and he is done.....we have been there 6 weeks so far!

Ridiculous. And I bet his bill will be twice ours!

Call me old fashioned, but when I trained back in the day, I learned to take pride in my work and do a good job. You can't buy that, you have to grow it.

I've been working with plumbers lately who have made some artwork when it comes to pipe work - I said to them there's gets to be an artwork on show and ours gets covered in muck.
I now just say to the customer after pointing at the socket outlet "that's where the magic comes out of".
Some smile!

Reply to Should have been a PLUMBER ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net