Discuss Should There Be A "thanks"' Button. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Should we have a 'thanks' button?

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It isn't the same at all, I like comments from 2 people having a debate if I feel they both have good points, how does that compare to a thanks button? I'm not thanking them for their comments I'm liking what they have to say. Bring it back Dan you big Scrooge! :p

I like your post but I don't thank you, you cheeky little blighter.

Or maybe I thank you, you cheeky blighter, but I don't like that or your post.

I'll have a think and let you know.

Cheeky devil either way you are!

Here's another little bump as I feel Dan is giving some thought to bringing the button back.

I think that would be a good move Dan, people like to be thanked!

88% yes so far :)

Here's another little bump as I feel Dan is giving some thought to bringing the button back.

I think that would be a good move Dan, people like to be thanked!

88% yes so far :)

Should There Be A "thanks"' Button. thanks - EletriciansForums.net

DAN DAN DAN DAN THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS DAN DAN DAN DAN

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT THANKS DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

it's subliminal but might just work!

I am with Dan on this one. Everything has to be convenient I do not have to type thank you in a more personal way I can just press a button, job done! No it is not, there is nothing like the written word someone takes the time to type and address some one personally it shows a more genuine sense of gratitude. And the person receives a better sense of having helped. Those - I can't be bothered to type thank you people who just want a button and get it over with shame on you.

You wouldn't have got a 'thanks' for that V but I will give you a like - 'every little helps'!

I am confused you voted for the button in the poll ?????

I am with Dan on this one. Everything has to be convenient I do not have to type thank you in a more personal way I can just press a button, job done! No it is not, there is nothing like the written word someone takes the time to type and address some one personally it shows a more genuine sense of gratitude. And the person receives a better sense of having helped. Those - I can't be bothered to type thank you people who just want a button and get it over with shame on you.

The polite part of me liked "Thanks"
Like is so facebook (mutiple-reasons)
More buttons-- more choice , ( people cannot be "asrsked" , too rushed )
so probably less bother to fill any boxes
Other Button choices
Sympathy-(I've-been-there-too)
ERRORS/Safety-Risk(ARE-you-qualified/or drunk)
Enpathy-(ARE-you-feeling-OK-seem-distracted)

Nope.

Sometimes I do things for the greater good of the forum and go against the 100 or so members who want something.

We have 55,000 members, and over 800,000 hits a month.

We want smooth-flowing chat without loads of clutter.

14 options is Ok, but 15 will make the forum look cluttered.

Also....holy thread revival batman!

Reply to Should There Be A "thanks"' Button. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock