Discuss Sidecutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jamesBoater

Which sidecutters do you use, i ask as i bought a pair of Bahco high leaverage cutters a few months back which now seize up constantly pretty poor for the money they cost (£30), just wondering if anyone has a favourite brand they have found good a reliable?

thanks james

Bahco aren't exactly rubbish, I've had them in the past and didn't find any problems with them. Have you tried a drop of oil on the joint? If they're only a few months old then you should take them back under warranty.

I've got the NWS combi cutter which is a love or hate thing... Personally I love it

I agree with Marvo, a drop of oil should get them working nicely again. If they've not been mistreated I wouldn't expect even cheap cutters to fail so soon, let alone quality kit like Bahco.

i`v got some CK ones that a `friend` arced for me cutting through a live flat twin (silly clit)....
been usin them for rough...
got some NWS....their alrite they are...

Yeah i was surprised when they stopped working, i use Bahco kit for a few things, and find it is great quality, disappointing really , i have tried oil but they still seize up they were from an ebay shop so taking them back will probably be more hassle than anything else. anyone use NWS cutters?

Yeah i was surprised when they stopped working, i use Bahco kit for a few things, and find it is great quality, disappointing really , i have tried oil but they still seize up they were from an ebay shop so taking them back will probably be more hassle than anything else. anyone use NWS cutters?
yep....cant fault em....

CK for the rounded edge cutters (they are sharper than scissors...). As for side cutters, the cheaper the better as mine usually get stolen or lost before they are blunted.

Had a set of lovely expensive CK side cutters.. Someone borrowed them and that was the last I ever saw of them! Never again.

CK for the rounded edge cutters (they are sharper than scissors...). As for side cutters, the cheaper the better as mine usually get stolen or lost before they are blunted.

Had a set of lovely expensive CK side cutters.. Someone borrowed them and that was the last I ever saw of them! Never again.
or arc`d...like i says at#7....
nearly banged im over the head with em...i`d only just get them n all....

Used Bahco gear for a LOT of years and its first class.Adjustables have set industry standard and warranty is worth its salt so it sounds like you may have ended up with old/damaged stock as sometimes occurs on the bay.Nws,CK,Gedore etc are all good but if you don't oil them or worse,lend them to tool thieves,just buy those bob the builder ones from toys r us...

I use ck. Had some unior ones long time ago. Or was it union. Can't find them anymore, don't know what happened to them. They were Great for the price.

Reply to Sidecutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net