Discuss Some good news for us Domestic badgers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Without even reading it….

Surely the thing that stops people doing extensions and loft conversions is money, and not “red tape”
Is this just going to open the gates on people throwing up low quality builds, and reducing safety overall…

Without even reading it….

Surely the thing that stops people doing extensions and loft conversions is money, and not “red tape”
Is this just going to open the gates on people throwing up low quality builds, and reducing safety overall…

Maybe, maybe not.

People who want the cheapest possible (or DIY) route are always going to make that choice and people who want a proper job will seek out better trades. All this means is a potential relaxation of planning rules.

More conversions means a greater number or decent jobs and a greater number of bodges to be sorted. In percentage terms, I'd expect the mix to remain broadly similar to now.

Maybe, maybe not.

People who want the cheapest possible (or DIY) route are always going to make that choice and people who want a proper job will seek out better trades. All this means is a potential relaxation of planning rules.

More conversions means a greater number or decent jobs and a greater number of bodges to be sorted. In percentage terms, I'd expect the mix to remain broadly similar to now.
Agree

Bodgers will always be bodgers , relaxed Rules just means more Bodgers and more Work for me putting it all right

win Win

Reply to Some good news for us Domestic badgers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In fairness, dispite coming from the daily fail, this is entirely believable AND predictable...
Replies
Views
is in your vehicle when it is parked up This makes interesting reading although the concept has been around for a while...
Replies
Views
Possible diy electrified fence ?? :eek: Harvey Tyrrell: Seven year-old boy 'electrocuted' while fetching lost ball -...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am just looking for some advise on what course I need in order to qualify as a domestic electrician? This will not be my full time...
Replies
Views
Dave the spark
D
F
FIT payments - A cut too soon, a cut too Deep and consequences thereof: Why a cut to FIT tariffs is necessary: It is necessary because the FIT...
Replies
Views
babba
B

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock