Discuss Some snippets I picked up today in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruceB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Was at the SEGEN conf earlier today. Intention is for presentations to be available to those with logins tomorrow. Picked up some snippets that are not necessarily in the documentation I have read to date:

from SMA man:
- Version 2.1 of Sunny Design is out. (I guess you have to download it as mine is not updating automatically to 2.1)
- 1 saw a datasheet for the 4000TL/V a couple of months ago but was told now not being introduced here.
- There will be a 3600TL introduced later this year for the <16A market.
- And apparently the twin tracker 3000TL is available now here, but I have not seen it offered by the wholesaler I normally use.

from Power-One man:
- They will have a micro-inverter offering next year.
- Inverters shipped since June have a facility in the firmware to optimise output when there are multiple peaks, that is when there is partial shading of the array. It sounded identical to the Optitrac Global Peak facility that the newer SMA inverter designs have.
- the PVI-3.6-OUTD is now limited to 16A (I think also since June). Although it has been nominally 15.7A, it has been possible for it to peak above that for short periods. I saw just over 4kW from one recently on day 1 of operation.
- On a PVI-3.6-OUTD, although total output is limited to 3.6kW, each tracker can do up to 3kW individually if the other is lightly loaded. Relevant to the East/West discussion in another thread.
- They have a new online tool for panel/inverter matching Power-One String Tool
- Some new small HF galvanically isolated inverters coming soon.
- And some larger TL inverters designed for up to the 50kW market coming soon.

Regards
Bruce

Reply to Some snippets I picked up today in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net