Discuss Spell checker in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it me or do we no longer have a notification (red line under the word) where you have spelled something incorrectly?
I want's dreaming that we used to have this feature am I...

I dont ever remember having one and if we did Buzz certainly never had it activated :D :D :D :D :D :D

Myne seemz tu beee wurkin

Screenshot 2019-09-29 10.36.36.png

it is. i get iton word and other stuff. only thing is, it's microstuffed so it's american and they can't spell anyway. so neighbour and rumour get red lined.
On windows ..... settings > time and language > region and language > set to English (UK)
Neighbour, rumour, colour, and such all come up as ok with me.

Might be a browser setting rather than something to do with the forum ?

I cant seem to find anything in the Setting menu on Google Chrome

Thing is, my browser has not changed in ages but the function has gone.

Is it me or do we no longer have a notification (red line under the word) where you have spelled something incorrectly?
I want's dreaming that we used to have this feature am I...
The forum has never had it. Your web browser would have done that.
[automerge]1569761096[/automerge]
I cant seem to find anything in the Setting menu on Google Chrome

Thing is, my browser has not changed in ages but the function has gone.
Browsers auto update.

Thanks @Dan. Had a brain fart moment.

I've found it in the Settings - Advanced Settings, and its working now.
i can't even find settings. where????, do you nean google.if so i found it and turned it oddfff. wee see noww ifff its wirked.

Go to the 3 dots in the top right of the window.
Then pick Settings from the drop down list.
Scrawl all the way to the bottom and pick Advanced.
Under Languages switch on Spell Check and pick Basic Spell Check

This is for Windows 10, Google Chrome

works apparently on fgoogle, now how do i turn off google ads that saturate my ef forum?
[automerge]1569762591[/automerge]
NOT ON THE FORUM MATE. IT'S ON YOUR COMPUTER OR PHONE ETC
i know it's not the forum. just trying to find out where, next posts help. just got to get rid odf all these google ads. e.g. top of every post list is "how much do i need to retire", "get solar panels here". "easy pay funeral plans" et., etc.

Last edited:

Reply to Spell checker in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net