Discuss Spit gun on prefab garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bellendian

-
Arms
Reaction score
Got prefab garage to first fix, debating whether or not to use the spit gun to fix to the concrete or just stick to plugs and screws.
Always used the nailer on much more substantial lumps of concrete, worried about shattering parts of the panels off.
Anyone successfully used the nailer on one of these? Cheers

prefab concrete is notorious for shattering. i'd use adhesives or decline the job

turn it down. nothing but grief if even 1 hole goes wrong, you could be liable for a new garage.

They are a right faff I have done a couple before and managed to use the ends of the panel bolts with strut brackets and an extra nut to support wood in some places and the rest was glued on wood direct to the panel for mounting the accessories.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, in a brand new steel container being used as a site-hut/storeroom for a small site of 4 new houses. The builder fixed some decent timber everywhere needed, made it a nice job for me. The entertaining part was 'EON' asking for an 'upfront' rcd in an insulated enclosure in the outside meter box in their written spec, then along comes their meter fitter who took it out. :rolleyes:

Thanks...confirms what I was worried about!
Time for a few tubes of Hi-Tack!
Presumably there aren't any 18th Ed metal fixing concerns since its just a single garage?
Did a shed in PVC conduit the other week and am fairly sure the shed would have collapsed well before any firemen arrived so figured it wasn't an issue!

Reply to Spit gun on prefab garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Advice required from the more experienced and knowledgeable. Has anyone installed power to one of these prefab concrete garages with a steel roof...
Replies
Views
Need some help please. Got a brain teaser for my first post. My pool pump motor cratered over 4th of July. It was working fine and started to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I must admit I'm kind of terrible when it comes to introductions so here goes whatever I can put together. Name's there, just like...
Replies
Views
Ok Hello all and thanks for having me. I need some advice and joined this forum hoping to be pointed in the right direction. First off I am not...
Replies
Views
Thought this might be of interest and use to anyone looking to undertake the various short training courses. So here is my recent experience -...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock